The Beechcraft Duchess 76 is a popular twin engine General Aviation training and touring aircraft around the world. This model - for FSX and FS2004 - comes with an authentic avionics suite, a realistic set of liveries, and is based on detailed research on the actual real-world aircraft featured in the software.
Unique parking animations (FSX only) let you watch the Pilot place the wheel chocks, pitot cover and tie-downs around the aircraft and remove them before take off!
The FSX version uses the new FSX sound system in which the sounds change as you move around the outside of the aircraft. The FSX version also features specular and bump mapping as well as FSX-style gauge night lighting. The textures are optimised to give an ultra-real look and reflection maps have been included so that the textures reflect the environment.
The FSX model includes multiple additional views, taking full advantage of the new FSX view system, and also features the new Virtual Cockpit lighting.Features overview
- Five aircraft to fly
- Five different liveries
- Authentic custom sound sets built from the real aircraft sounds inside and out.
- Animated pilot figure - he moves as the controls move!
- Realistic custom flight model
- Immersive virtual cockpit with mouse-clickable instruments, levers and knobs and operating control yokes, throttle, mixture and carb heat controls, with 'click to remove' yokes in both the VC and 2D panels to allow for easy viewing of all instruments and controls
- High-visibility lower height 'landing panel' view available by simple mouse click to allow a better outside view for landing and take-off - or to just enjoy the view!
- Click on the yokes in the Virtual Cockpit to simply remove them from view!
- Full set of authentic custom gauges and annunicator lights
- Authentic animations: propeller, rotating wheels, moving flaps, elevators, rudder, ailerons, nose wheel steering, entry doors, baggage bay door, undercarriage shock absorber movement, control surface trim tabs - even the door handles and sun visors work!
- Small but important items are modelled: Pitot head, Comms and Nav radio antennas, sun visors, footsteps, tie-down points, flap hinges, door hinges, temperature gauge probes, fuel tank caps - even the hand grab handles are modelled!
- The direct vision window is operational
- Emergency gear extension valve operation under cockpit floor
- Operating navigation, flashing strobe and landing lights
- Cockpit night lighting
- In-sim pop-up checklist and reference list
- Simply click on your passengers to show or hide them in the Virtual cockpit
- Unique park animations (FSX only) - watch the pilot place the wheel chocks, pitot cover and tie downs around the aircraft and remove them before take off!
- The FSX version uses the new FSX sound system - the sounds change as you move around the outside of the aircraft.
- FSX version features: Specular and bump mapping as well as FSX-style gauge night lighting! Outside you can actually see the individual rivets! The textures are optimised to give an ultra-real look and feel and reflection maps have been included so that the textures reflect the environment.
- FSX model includes multiple additional views, taking advantage of the new FSX view system
- FSX version features the new Virtual Cockpit lighting
- FSX version features clickable door handles.
Authentic aircraft systems for even more accurate flying
A complete and accurate custom set of avionics
- Electrical system simulation and operation
- Engine indications
- Fuel system simulation with tank change-over
Realistic cockpit operations
- Audio Control panel
- ADF system, including working Flight Timer and Elapsed Timer
- Two different VHF Communication/Navigation Transceivers
- DME (Distance Measuring Equipment) including groundspeed and time-to-station display
- Operating autopilot
- Transponder with flashing Identification lamp.
- Unique - the aircraft has altimeters that change from Millibars to Inches indications in the pressure setting window, depending on which international settings you have set in Flight Simulator - to make it easier to read.
- Individual Avionics can be turned ON or OFF
- Silky smooth gauge operation
- Engine 'Starter motor engaged' warning light, with 'Press to test' facility
- Low-voltage warning light with 'Press to test' facility
- Mouse-over tool tip text show instrument name and actual instrument readings
- All avionics are available in a large pop-up window
- Yokes can be toggled to show/hide in the Virtual cockpit with a mouse click
- Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration & DX10 preview compatible) or FS2004
- 2.0GHz PC
- 2048Mb RAM for FSX; 512Mb for FS2004
- Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7
- 256Mb 3D graphics card for FSX with DirectX 9.0 or later; 64Mb for FS2004 with DirectX 8.0
- 124Mb hard drive space for FSX version; 236Mb for FS2004 version