Part of the definitive General Aviation collection for Flight Simulator, the PA28-181 Archer III is one of the most popular GA touring aircraft in the World.
The PA28-181 Archer III comes with a complete and authentic avionics suite and an extensive set of liveries - you can fly with UK, American, German, Swiss, Dutch and French registrations!
There is a total of 25 aircraft variations to fly and the aircraft is supplied with a set of unique tools to customise and enhance your flying experience.
The highly detailed aircraft model is based on detailed research on the actual real-world aircraft featured in the software.Detailed features
- 25 aircraft to fly
- 4 livery styles
- AeroNation - a unique nation selection tool allowing you to fly the aircraft in UK, American, German and French, Swiss and Dutch registrations
- Authentic custom sound sets built from the real aircraft sounds inside and out.
- Animated pilot figure - he moves as the controls move!
- Highly realistic custom flight model created by an industry leader in this field
- Highly immersive virtual cockpit with mouse-clickable instruments, levers and knobs and operating control yokes, throttle, mixture and carb heat controls, with 'click to remove' yokes in both the VC and 2D panels to allow for easy viewing of all instruments and controls
- Click to pop up enlarged Air Speed Indicator and Altimeter
- High-visibility lower height 'landing panel' view available by simple mouse click to allow a better outside view for landing and take-off - or to just enjoy the view!
- Click on the yokes in the Virtual Cockpit to simply remove them from view!
- Compatible with Windows Vista
- Full set of authentic custom gauges and annunciator lights
- Authentic animations: propeller, rotating wheels, moving flaps, stabilator, rudder, ailerons, nosewheel steering, entry door, engine inspection flap, baggage bay door, undercarriage shock absorber movement, control surface trim tabs - even the door handles and sun visors work!
- Small but important items are modelled: wheel spats, pitot head, Comms and Nav radio antennas, sun visors, footsteps, tie-down points, flap hinges, door hinges, temperature gauge probes, fuel tank caps - even the hand grab handles are modelled!
- AeroLoad payload editor. Change the amount of fuel, baggage and the number of passengers you are carrying. You will even see the correct number of people in the cabin!
- AeroPaint texture utility. Create new custom liveries of the aircraft or edit the existing ones (external painting program such as MS Paint required). Layered paint kit included
- Operating navigation, flashing strobe and landing lights
- Cockpit night lighting
- In-sim pop-up checklist and reference list
- Full PDF manual
- NEW - Simply click on your passengers to show or hide them in the Virtual cockpit.
- NEW! With the engine off, the pilot figure is removed, the wheels are chocked, the aircraft tied down and your flight bag and headset are sitting on the wing - even the pitot head has a cover, with a 'Remove before flight' tag moving in the breeze'!
- NEW! The FSX version uses the new FSX sound system - the sounds change as you move around the outside of the aircraft.
- NEW! FSX version features: specular and bump mapping as well as FSX-style gauge night lighting! Outside you can actually see the individual rivets! The textures are optimised to give an ultra-real look and feel and reflection maps have been included so that the textures reflect the environment.
- NEW! FSX model includes multiple additional views, taking advantage of the new FSX view system
- NEW! The FSX version features the new Virtual Cockpit lighting.
Authentic aircraft systems for even more accurate flying:
- Electrical system simulation and operation
- Engine indications
- Fuel system simulation with tank change-over
A complete custom set of avionics, individually developed for this aircraft and based on the actual equipment fitted in the original machine:
Realistic cockpit operations
- Audio Control panel
- ADF system, including working Flight Timer and Elapsed Timer
- Two different VHF Communication/Navigation Transceivers
- DME (Distance Measuring Equipment) including groundspeed and time-to-station display
- Unique - the aircraft has altimeters that change from Millibars to Inches indications in the pressure setting window,depending on which international settings you have set in Flight Simulator; to make it easier to read, a simple mouse click enlarges it
- Individual Avionics can be turned ON or OFF
- Overhead switch panel
- Silky smooth gauge operation
- Engine 'Starter motor engaged' warning light, with 'Press to test' facility
- Low-voltage warning light with 'Press to test' facility
- Mouse-over tool tip text show instrument name and actual instrument readings
- Dimmable annunicator warning lights panel for night operations
- All avionics are available in a large pop-up window
- Yokes can be toggled to show/hide in the Virtual cockpit with a mouse click
- Operating standby suction pump
- FS2004 or Flight Simulator X (Acceleration/SP2 compatible and SP2 DX10 Preview compatible)
- Pentium IV 1.7GHz
- 512Mb RAM
- 128Mb 3D graphics card
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- 350Mb hard drive space