Complete Feature List
- Two different panel configurations included – basic "Trainer" and more advanced "Commuter" panel, switchable on the fly
- The Basic "Trainer" panel version is modeled from a 1972 C150L located in Texas, USA, tail number N17043
- Switch airspeed and altimeter gauge units (knots and mph; hPa and inhg) on the fly, by simply clicking the gauges
- Professional FMOD original sound recordings and engineering by Mike Maarse, SimAcoustics – all sounds are from tail number D-EIVM, a Cessna 150M model
- Accurate flight characteristics in accordance with performance charts in the C150L POH (fully loaded configuration)
- Integrated support for AviTab plugin with a yoke-mounted e-tablet that can be hidden during flight
- Beta-tested by several real-world Cessna 150/152 pilots, including a Flight Instructor
- Pop-out kneeboard with Options menu, interactive Weight and Balance calculator, and Normal Procedures check lists; VR-friendly!
- Interactive pre-flight walk-around – transport yourself outside the airplane to inspect (7) stations. Visually check fuel levels and oil level, and inspect flight control surfaces for freedom of movement
- Tow bar feature allows you to push or pull the airplane on the ground; use the tow bar to pull the C150 out of the hangar for your first flight of the day
- Optional wheel pants (wheel fairings) provide slightly less overall drag
- Removable static elements, like cowl plugs, pitot tube cover and wheel chocks
- By request, the pilot can be male or female. Use the kneeboard Options page to select pilot gender
- The "Commuter" Panel option features a simulated Cessna Navomatic 300A single axis autopilot
- STMA Autoupdate plugin included to keep your copy up to date with new features and bug fixes
- Highly detailed and fully animated 3D model
- Optimized for VR
- Very hi-res PBR textures (up to 4K resolution) are used throughout the model
- 14 different high-definition liveries included – paint kit available
- Comes with 30-page user manual and an example POH (not for real flight)
- Windows XP to 10, macOS 10.10 (or higher) or Linux
- X-Plane 11.35 or newer
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K at 3.5 GHz or faster.
- Memory: 16-24 GB RAM or more.
- Video Card: a DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)
- 2.6 GB available hard disk space with all extra liveries installed,
- 680 MB without extra liveries.
The download comes as a zip archive which includes a folder named "vFlyteAir_Cessna150". Open the zip archive and copy the included folder to your X-Plane aircraft directory, for example "X-Plane 11 / Aircraft / vFlyteAir / vFlyteAir_Cessna150". The next time you start x-Plane, your newly acquired plane will show up in the »General Aviation« section of the Flight Configuration Screen.Installation
To fully enjoy the visuals of the vFlyteAir C150, please set X-Plane texture resolution at least to "high", and enable HDR and SSAO. To enjoy the FMOD sounds, make sure your X-Plane volume sliders are adjusted properly. The vFlyteAir C150 has been tested with XPlane 11.40's experimental flight model as of November 2019. However, as X-Plane's experimental flight model can change with any new X-Plane update (it's experimental
, after all), we cannot guarantee compatibility with future versions of the experimental flight model. If you experience strange airplane behavior when using the experimental flight model, revert to the default flight model instead.