simwestSOCAL - for pilots who wish to fly in beautiful, sunny, Southern California in the USA.
When you are flying, have you ever said to yourself, "Gee, didn't I just fly over that part of the scenery a little ways back" or seem to encounter "deja vu"? That can happen when flying over landclass based ground scenery. And flying at higher altitudes can reveal a repeating pattern. Good for performance but not so much for immersion.
Well, simwestSOCAL has got you covered... literally, with 40GB of photoreal imagery from just south of Bakersfield to just south of the Mexican border. From the oceans of the Pacific blue to the Colorado River red, simwestSOCAL lets your immersion run wild. And with some 180 default airports found inside the scenery area you can test your pilot skills whether it be finding little bush dirt strips, VFR flying with your favorite GA aircraft or landing a "heavy" at one of the major international airports. And for more immersion add your own 3rd-party detailed airports. Photoreal scenery you will want to fly through, not over.
Our goal is "performance + immersion = enjoyment".Features
- Thousands of square miles of 1.2m high definition, color corrected aerial photo imagery
- Imagery that blends into surrounding scenery reducing that "hard border" look when transitioning to default or other custom scenery
- Millions of custom placed buildings, vegetation and library objects autogen throughout entire area
- Water-masked rivers, reservoirs and lakes to fly with your favorite float plane
- Custom nighttime photoreal textures
- Seasonal winter snow in the San Bernardino Mountains
- Custom 3D night lighting not just for roads but occasional parking lots, shopping centers, golf courses, farms and parks all to add variety
is required to activate this product.IMPORTANT NOTE
- These a large installations. Please be patient. It may appear the install has stalled but it can literally take up to five minutes before the install progress bar shows movement.