Virtavia F4D Skyray - FSX Steam EditionFor FSX Steam Edition only
Get the FSX version of the Virtavia - Douglas F4D Skyray FSX DVD Version here.
The Douglas Skyray was on the cutting edge of aircraft design when first conceived in 1947, after winning a competition for a delta-wing Navy fighter. In 1948, Douglas Aircraft contracted to build the F4D-1, with the first flight of a production model taking place in 1954. Known as the 'ten-minute killer', the aircraft broke five world records in the time-to-altitude category and exceeded Mach 1 in level flight. In 1953, the Skyray shared honors with North America's Super Sabre in being awarded the prestigious Collier Trophy. In the late 1950s, an F4D1-equipped squadron was recognized as the top interceptor squadron in the North American Air Defense Command, an area previously dominated by Air Force aircraft. In all, Douglas produced 421 Skyrays, including two XF4D prototypes. The last of the type left the El Segundo, California, plant in December, 1958. It was designated the F-6A in 1963 and served both Marine and Navy carrier squadrons until early 1964.
F4D Skyray DLC (optional extra purchase)
- ONE model and ONE livery (VF-213 "Blacklions")
- native FSX model available with all FSX features (bump mapping, self-shadowing, bloom etc)
- virtual cockpit with animations and mousable controls
- 2D panel, custom pop-ups for autopilot and radios, fully mousable
- automatic (on throttle) afterburner visual effect with corresponding performance boost
- animated wingfold, tailhook, speedbrakes and 'beaver tail'
- animated canopy (shift-e)
- authentic flight model with checklist
- animated crew figure
- automatic smoke trail effect
- paintkit available on freeware page
The DLC offers FOUR new model variants and THREE new liveries :
- VF-23 "Vigilantes"
- VMF(AW)-542 "Tigers"
- VMF(AW)-115 "Silver Eagles"
Get more versions and variations here