Virtavia F11F Tiger - FSX Steam EditionFor FSX Steam Edition onlyGet the FSX version of the Virtavia - F11F Tiger FSX DVD Version here.
The F11F Tiger was first conceived in 1952 as the result of a design effort to create a low-drag, supersonic aircraft based on the Area Rule, which resulted in the Tiger's distinctive, wasp-waisted fuselage and thin wings. The project was designated G-98 and ultimately resulted in the F11F-1 Tiger, a transitional aircraft with impeccable handling and good looks. However, good looks were not enough and the Tiger was supplanted by the much more effective and substantially faster F8U Crusader, but not before the plane came to the attention of the Blue Angels demonstration team. The aircraft was so reliable, photogenic, and aerobatically capable that it served with the Blue Angels for a decade, long after the airplane was retired from active duty with the Navy. The F11F-1 is a sleek, elegant, and truly beautiful example of Cold War transonic jet technology. The Grumman Tiger's excellent overall quality and stage presence have earned it an enduring place in aviation history.
F11F-1 Tiger DLC (optional extra purchase)
- ONE model and ONE livery (VF-21, 1958, 'Shark Mouth' 4x AIM-9)
- native FSX model with all FSX features (bump mapping, self-shadowing, bloom, etc.)
- simulated F11F soundset included
- virtual cockpit with animations and mousable controls
- 2D panel, custom pop-ups for autopilot and radios, fully mousable
- automatic (on throttle) animated afterburner visual effect with corresponding performance boost
- automatic smoke trail, wing surface vapor flash and wingtip vortices effects
- animated wingfold, tailhook, speedbrakes, togglable pilot figure
- animated canopy (shift-e)
- authentic flight model with illustrated checklist
- animated crew figure
- paint kit available on freeware page
The DLC offers TWO new model variants and TWO new liveries:
- VF-121, 1958, long range 2 x AIM-9 & aux tanks
- Blue Angels, Pensacola, 1960 'clean'
- includes separate flight model for long-range variant
Get more versions and variations here