A-4 Skyhawk - FSX Steam EditionFor FSX Steam Edition onlyGet the FSX version of the Virtavia - A-4 SKYHAWK FSX DVD Version here.
The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk
was designed to replace the piston-engined A-1 Skyraider in the close air support and interdiction role. It was capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear weapons.The prototype flew on 22 June, 1954.The first production model, the A-4A (165 built), entered service in 1956. The A-4B (542 built) entered service in 1957. The A-4C (638 built), entered service in 1960, and introduced a new radar unit which provided limited night and bad weather capability. The A-4E (498 built), was equipped with a more powerful engine and other improvements and entered service in late 1962. The A-4F was a modified version of the "E" model and included an upgraded engine, nose wheel steering, wing spoilers, a zero-zero ejection seat, and an upper avionics pod which gave the aircraft its characteristic "humpback" shape. The A-4G entered service with the Royal Australian Navy in 1967. It was armed with Sidewinder missiles and flew from the carrier Melbourne.Features
Available Only As Download
- 26 unique Skyhawk exterior models.
- 26 unique Skyhawk cockpit models.
- 22 unique FDE’s (flight dynamics tailored to specific loadout.
- fully functional APG-53A radar unit, with multiple modes and functions.
- package centers on A-4E and A-4F variants and sub-variants.
- multiple texture sets : 3 USN, 3 USMC, 2 Adversaries, 1 Blue Angels, 2 RAAF.
- very high quality native FSX models.
- multiple bomb/missile/tank loadouts.
- accurately modelled and working catapult bridle and holdback assemblies (FSX Acceleration required for this).
- Top Gun Adversaries, Australian A-4G and Blue Angels versions included.
- sharp, 2048-pixel bump-mapped textures.
- ultra-high quality 3D cockpit.
- realistic switch and knob ‘click’ sounds.
- super-smooth ‘RealGauge’ 3D instruments.
- illustrated user manual in PDF format.
- high quality sound set.
- PhotoShop paint kit files provided.
- Note – NO 2D panel is provided.
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.
Read the FlightSim.Com review