Fly your simulation aircraft the way real-world pilots fly their real airplanes
By Bill Stack
Enjoy the satisfaction of true-to-life simulations by using authentic procedures for every flight phase.
- Taxi, take off, climb, cruise, descend, approach, and land like a real-world pilot.
- Plan your flights and prepare your aircraft like a professional.
- Use every procedure and method realistically.
- Learn what expert pilots know.
- Do what skilled pilots do.
- Handle your aircraft properly throughout every basic flight maneuver.
Eighteen chapters dedicated to specific topics:
Easy to Read and Follow
- Chapter 1: How Aircraft Fly
- Chapter 2: Knowing Your Aircraft
- Chapter 3: Knowing Your Airports
- Chapter 4: Planning Your Flights
- Chapter 5: Preparing Your Aircraft
- Chapter 6: Moving Around Airports
- Chapter 7: Taking Off
- Chapter 8: Difficult Take-offs
- Chapter 9: Climbing
- Chapter 10: Cruising
- Chapter 11: Descending
- Chapter 12: Turning
- Chapter 13: Stalling
- Chapter 14: Airport Traffic Pattern
- Chapter 15: Approaching for Landing
- Chapter 16: Landing
- Chapter 17: Challenging Landings
- Chapter 18: Go-Arounds and Touch-and-Goes
- Appendix: Abbreviations
Organized and formatted for quick and easy use.
- Every chapter is dedicated to a specific topic for speedy comprehension and reference.
- Each chapter is identified by number and title in headers with page numbers so you always know where you are in the book.
- All descriptions and explanations are clear and straightforward for home-simulation enthusiasts.
Ease of use:
- Complicated concepts are described in straightforward English.
- Facts are logically presented for thorough understanding.
- The book tells “what it is,” “what it does,” and “how to use it.”
- Aeronautical terms are plainly defined for clear understanding.
Reliable facts and methods:
- Bulleted lists and breakouts facilitate comprehension and learning.
- Custom made graphics convey principles easily.
- Structured tables lay out detailed technical data.
- Step-by-step procedures are numbered for easy following.
- Screen grabs from the simulator assist with comprehension.
- Simplified line drawings help with clarity.
- Diagrams were made especially for this manual.
- Precise labels enable quick and easy reference.
- Exercises facilitate skill development.
- Real-world source material was used wherever practical.
- Images are taken directly from MSFS 2020.
- Everything is independently verified for accuracy and edited for correctness.
- Common PDF format can be used by all home flight simmers.
- The book is 314 pages from cover to cover.
- The ZIP archive file is 5.7 megabytes.
My standard V-Speed card is included as a free bonus. Common V-Speeds are defined by speed on one side and alphabetically on the other.Focus and LimitsFlight-Sim Maneuvers 21st Century
describes and explains the use of light general-aviation aircraft that are suitable for basic and advanced flight lessons. Focus is on visual flight. Microsoft Flight Simulator™ 2020 is used because it is popular. Aviation principles and methods can be applied to other aircraft in other simulators.
Aircraft specifications are provided as appropriate and applicable. Comprehensive and detailed specifications are outside the scope. Cross-country navigation and instrument flights are described in other manuals.
This manual is for home flight simulation only. It is based on real aviation principles and procedures so home flight-simulation enthusiasts can maximize their enjoyment. Because some aspects of home flight-simulation games are not exactly like real-world aviation, some information in this book is not exactly like real-world flight. Use for real-world aviation is not appropriate or authorized.Use Your Time Productively
Don’t lose valuable flight-simming opportunities searching the internet for flimsy freebies. Most are worth their cost. Ftldave
says it best:
“YouTube is hit or miss. Sometimes there's great, informative content, other times the videos are useless and unintelligible. How much time do you want to spend searching for the former, how much time to waste with the latter? As is often said about open software, the same is true for this: It's free if your time has no value to you.”
Flight simmers have trusted, benefitted, and enjoyed my instructional books since 1997.Satisfaction Guaranteed
A lot of time and effort has been invested by me and others toward making a quality product that is useful to people. Any book with physical defects will be replaced at no cost. If you can show that the content of Flight-Sim Maneuvers 21st Century
is not as described, your money will be refunded. If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them. – Bill Stack, AuthorAvailable Only As Download