RAF Finningley is a former Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force station near Doncaster in South Yorkshire, UK. Finningley is best known from the 1960s as one of Britain's V-Bomber stations and for its Battle of Britain airshows. With the departure of the V-Bomber force from Finningley in 1970 the airfield reverted to training / Royal Air Force Support Command.
RAF Finningley closed as a Royal Air Force station in 1995 and was decommissioned in 1996. The airfield has since been developed into an international airport named Doncaster Sheffield Airport or more fondly known as "Robin Hood Airport".
This scenery of RAF Finningley by Team SDB represents the base during the mid-1960s when Vulcans of 230 Operational Conversion Unit were finished in both camouflage and all white anti-flash paint. To the east of the base is the Bloodhound Missile Squadron at Mission Springs.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Custom ground overlay
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- Static and AI Avro Vulcan B Mk2 bombers
- Bristol Bloodhound Mk II missiles
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold
- or FSX-Steam Edition
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3, v4, or v5
- CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- 2 GB RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 graphics card or better
- 65 MB for download, 103 MB for installation
Team SDB donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.