The airfield was sited on land belonging to the Earls of Seafield since the 16th century. Construction of the airfield began in the middle of 1942. After it was turned down by RAF Bomber Command, it was officially opened in April 1943 as an airfield for use by No. 14 (Pilots) Advanced Flying Unit of RAF Flying Training Command. This unit used the airfield until August 1944, when it was disbanded and the airfield was handed over to RAF Coastal Command where it became of the RAF Banff Strike Wing operating de Havilland Mosquitoes and some Bristol Beaufighters flying anti-shipping missions.
The airfield is accurately laid out but some license was used for the infrastructure. It is representative of the period.
The scenery consists of:
• Full complement of hangars and support buildings
• Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
• Operational night lighting
• AI Hurricane and Lockheed Hudson are included.
• Static Beaufighters, Hudsons, Hurricanes, Spitfires and Mosquito aircraft are included
• Windows 10 / 8 / 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 / v5
• CPU 2.0 GHz or better
• 4 GB RAM Minimum
• Graphics card with Full DirectX 11 Support and 1 GB Video Memory (DirectX 12 for v5)
• 25MB space for Download, 112MB for Installation
Team SDB supports Help for Heroes and the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI).