Born in the 1960's, this was the jet that would change the future of flying for executives, a new form of transportation that was extremely fast and affordable to the elite. These jets were born from the Swiss P-16 fighter bomber concept jet. William Lear purchased the design and converted it into a sleek business jet. This ultra-fast plane is capable
of going into overspeed on a single engine. One incredibly powerful, fast, sleek, yet beautiful and inspiring jet, even today, far into the future.
This aircraft package is designed for FSX and Prepar3D Flight Simulators. (This will not work in X-Plane).
Please note, this is an exotic addon package with much software coding and extreme (radical resolution) graphics. The intensity of resources needed might be too high on older, slower computers. Please make sure you can run a high end addon aircraft on your computer 'before' you purchase this plane.
The Lionheart Creations LJ24B is packed full of neat features. From its rare fuel system with transfer controls, to its riveted airframe skins, to its elaborate instrument panel crammed full with instrumentation and switches, to its nice, leather clad rear cabin complete with either passengers or air freight.The following are some of the features of the LHC LJ24B:
2D Panels and Popups
- Ultra high resolution 4096 Graphics on exterior and some interior textures
- Super detailed instrument panel with almost all gauges operational
- New code technology feature hold down starter switches that flip upwards after startup for 'generator' charge mode
- High detail interior features 3DS Max shading technology for subtle shading and highlights
- Illuminated instrumentation and night glow panel from hood lights
- Rear and forward cabin dome lights are on separate circuits, and the panel is also on its own light circuit switch as well.
- Hide-able high detail passengers in rear cabin
- Air Freight version LJ24B with cargo that can be hidden
- 9 Paint schemes with various interior themes including a run hard Freighter, an original
- White with Red stripes factory variant with 1970's interior including shag carpet, and beautifully restored, updated, high end variants with modern interior treatments such as suede.
- Engines illuminate with a nice glow in the back exhaust stacks and vary in brightness per engine load
- Autopilot System that featured on/off ALT, HDG, NAV/LOC and APP settings (early age of Autopilot systems)
- Hide-able yoke to allow you to see instruments and switches that would otherwise be hidden.
- Airfiles created by famed Wayne Tudor
- Engines cough a flame and puff of smoke on start up
- Spoilers cause a plume of vapor trail when extended at good speed
- Numerous alarm sounds for 'gear up', 'engine fire', 'overspeed', and many more 'events'.
Due to high request, we have created a 2D panel as well as 2D popup sub-panels, such as Electrical System and Engines, Audio Panel, Fuel Management Panel and other popups. The LJ24B features the stock FS GPS system as the LJ24B was before the time of actual GPS systems.Bubble Popup Placcards for the Beginner Pilot
A new system dreamed up by Bill Ortis to help new pilots of this plane become familiar with the locations of primary controls of importance on this plane, we have incorporated a Popup Bubble Placcards system. Click a hidden button on the top left of the panel hood annunciator and these popup, showing you where key switches and controls are located.Parking Mode
The LHC Standard 'Parking Mode' which an this aircraft features wheel chauks, turbine engine covers, front perspex reflective cover, and cabin window shades. Pitot cover flags are also features in this mode. Accessed by a hidden switch on the instrument panel.The infamous Learjet Fuel Management Panel
The very tricky Fuel Management Panel of the LJ24B. Notorious and slightly sophisticated, this jet features an actual, controllable wingtank fuel dumping system. The fuel system is quite different from normal aircraft and requires observing fuel drain and transferring of fuel from the fuselage tanks to the wing tanks. Remember, you cannot land with full wing tip tanks.Changes in Generation 2.0 Include
- Prepar3D Version 4.0 updates to 64bit Tech level
- New paint schemes added, 13 paint schemes total.
- Autopilot VC panel thumbwheel now animated
- Control yoke buttons and trimming knob (4) are now active functioning controls
- Odd mystery effect on top annunciator buttons is fixed
- Revamped nose structure done from photographs (side view, frontal view) to exact
- Some interior textures have been modified and improved
- Coding improvements to ambient sound systems;
- Landing gear wind noise (when down) is layered 3x per speed values
- Ambient gyro startup sound now functions via the master battery switches and not automatically
- Gear Down alarm is now one single burst instead of continuous burst
- Coding improvements to fuel system that keep the fuel starvation from happening when auto switching from tips to wing tanks when at 4x (plus) fast forward speeds (long trips) and also fuel dumping no longer causes this when doing a complete fuel dump on the tip tanks.
- Coding improvements on autopilot
- AP Button now on the yoke so that you can flip AP on/off during approaches in GS (APR) mode
- AP ARM light now comes on when AP system is active so you know if its on or not from front panel view
- AP 2D popup panel now features improved coding on dump switches
- Fuel 3D mapping gauge (shows a top view of Lear with tanks in blue) now features mouse rects and improved coding
- Fuel dumping 'effect' now works with both 2D panel and VC fuel panel, not just one
- Interior glass lowered in reflections to nearly zero due to popular request
- Exporting from Max done through the latest Lockheed Martin exporter technology. State of the art. V4 thru
- V2 models are pure V4 tech; V1 and FSX/FSX Steam are converted to FSX Tech via Lockheed Martin V1.4 exporter tech.
- Pilots shirts now matched with exterior themes
- Black instrument panel in Cargo Runner revamped and better
- Code flooding stopped with landing lights code system
- 3 Missing textures added
- Double reflection mapping entries in external and glass entries rectified and reduced to single entries
- Trimming knob on control yoke features HDG (heading) control (left/right click) and electric elevator trim control (Mouse Wheel)
- Cheater button integrated into yoke which turns on all systems needed for flight mode. Saves you time in switching on 10 different buttons and toggles throughout the panel
- Bubbles enhanced for new control interfaces
Read the FlightSim.Com review