The de Havilland Tiger Moth is the classic embodiment of the biplane trainer. With its distinctive dual wing and tail dragger layout, thousands of pilots learned to fly on this trainer before and during WW2. Many Tiger Moths are still in use today for recreational flying, although if you want to you can still learn to fly in one!
The crew over at Aeroplane Heaven now bring this beauty to Flight Simulator for you to relive the days of classic flying. Highly detailed, the models are exacting in accuracy and have been researched with the kind assistance of the de Havilland Moth Club, the official body that represents and safeguards the Moth range of aircraft. The Canadian version has been authenticated by the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, thus ensuring that the aircraft are authentic and realistic.
The high-quality models are accompanied by many high-fidelity animations and superb textures, covering a range of aircraft. Along with a superb sound set, this Moth is the one to catch!General features
- Authentication from the dh Moth Club and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
- Wherever possible, the models are near-exact replicas of the real aircraft subjects.
- Any detailed changes in specifications such as autoslats, engine cowl or lights for a particular aeroplane are replicated in the model.
- Highly accurate flight modelling replicates correct airframe performance, stall moments and flying behaviour.
- Highly detailed 3D models of the dh82A Trainer, dh82A Civilian and dh82C Canadian version.
- Realistic artwork with 8 liveries
- Full virtual front and rear cockpits
- Opening access doors.
- Operating rear luggage hatch
- Authentic sound set
- Paint kit: PSD layered files for exterior paint for the DH82A Tiger Moth.
- Highly detailed, animated engines behind animated cowling panels.
- Working wing Autoslats (where fitted to particular aircraft)
- Animated Blind Flying hood
- Working 'Windy' Airspeed indicator fitted to wing strut.
- Opening rear storage hatch.
- Fully animated control wires and undercarriage suspension
- Animated doors revealing detailed cockpits.
- Aircraft can be flown from front or rear seats.
- Animated pilot figures.
- Animated wheels, Elevators, Ailerons and rudder.
- Operating Blind Flying hood
- Animated front and rear pilot figures.
- Highly detailed flying wires and fittings, bottlescrews and brackets.
- DH82A trainer:
- RAF- Yellow - DF-128 RCOU
- RAF- Camouflage - R-5130.
- RAAF - Forest Green - A17-459. L-TA
- RAAF- Silver/Yellow A17-207
- G-ANLD Maroon/Silver
- G-AJHS Blue/White/Polished Alloy
- ZK-AUD Brown/Gold/Silver
Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum aircraft with covered cockpit.Instrument panels
Highly authentic period panels and instruments in 2D and VC form all based on the real items for authenticity.Virtual Cockpits
- Complete sets of smooth 3D modelled gauges with glass fronts
- Animated working controls including throttle, mixture, fuel cut-off and rudder pedals
- Working Autoslat locking lever control and pitch trim levers
- Working compass with operating bezel lock
- Authentic layouts exactly replicating real aircraft layouts.
- Working 'Windy' Airspeed indicator on wingstrut
- Flight Simulator X or FS2004 (compatible with FSX Service Packs 1 & 2 and Acceleration Pack)
- Pentium IV 1.7 GHz
- 512Mb RAM
- 64Mb 3D graphics card
- Windows XP
- 100Mb hard drive space