This is an expansion pack for the Rara-Avis Sim Sopwith Pup, which must be installed first for this Expansion Pack to work.
The Sopwith Pup is a classic single-seat biplane fighter aircraft built by the Sopwith Aviation Company. It entered service with the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service in late 1916, the second year of the Great War, and with its amicable flying style and good maneuverability, the aircraft was very successful. Eventually the Pup was outclassed by newer German fighters, but it was in use on the Western Front until the end the end of 1917. The remaining aircraft were relegated to Home Defense and training unit use.
All the aircraft feature authentic sounds (including blipping engine ignition sound effects) and flight models along with 3D modeled wing ribs, custom smoke effects (castor oil exhaust!) and even the pilot's scarf flaps in the wind! You can customize your aircraft on the fly with the in-cockpit configuration tool (click on the map bag to display and hide) which provides various options such as a Lewis gun, Aldis optical sight and Le Prieur rockets (not all options are available on all aircraft).
The included liveries are typical and authentic of a time when high color and very individual design were the order of the day!Included aircraft - Naval versions
- N6442 "Julia", Beardmore built 9901a Type, Walmer Defence Flt., FSLt. J.A. Shaw, June 1917
- N5192, Flown by Flight Sub-Lieutenant Stanley Valentine Trapp, 22nd Wing, Royal Flying Corps.
- N5186, RNAS Design Flight, Eastchurch, Sheppey Island.
- N6453, RNAS HMS Furious 1917 pilot Sq. Cmr. Edwin Harris Dunning.
- N9917 RNAS HMS Manxman, number carried by rebuilt Pup in Shuttleworth Collection
- Realistic Flight model created by Bernt Stolle
- FSX and Prepar3D v1 compatible
- Custom specular and bump maps
- 3D propeller blur
- DX10 compatible
- Fully layered PSD paint kit for Photoshop Users
- Detailed 3D model
- Highly detailed pilot model
- Baked textures
- 3D gauges
- 3D modeled wing ribs
- Custom engine sounds
- Custom smoke effects
- Custom camera positions
- Custom EzDok camera files
- Real Vickers machine gun sound
- Custom machine gun effects
- Realistic engine blipping effect
- Animated pilot's scarf (wind speed based)
- Customize your aircraft on the fly with the in-cockpit configuration tool (click on the map bag to display and hide) which provides various options such as a Lewis gun. Aldis optical sight and Le Prieur rockets (not all options are available on all aircraft)
- Movable Lewis machine guns
- Three highly detailed engines
- Realistic glass material
- PDF User manual included with operations and flying guide
- Flight Simulator X (FSX SP2 or Acceleration pack required, DX-10 Preview compatible) or Prepar3D v1
- Rara-Avis Sim Sopwith Pup
- 2.6GHz or any Dual Core
- 2.0GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP (32-bit or 64-bit) / Vista
- 1.2GB hard drive space