Just Flight, in partnership with Thranda Design, are proud to present the Duchess Model 76 for X-Plane 11.
Following on from their award-winning PA-28R Arrow III, Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer and C152, this highly detailed simulation of the Duchess Model 76 is being developed by Just Flight's in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with two real-life Duchess aircraft, G-BZRT and G-GCCL.
The Duchess is a four-seater, twin-engine T-tail aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear, and two 180 hp four-cylinder engines fitted with constant-speed propellers. Its IFR-capable avionics suite, excellent handling characteristics and counter-rotating propellers make it an ideal aircraft for multi-engine flight training, and the perfect step up from single-engine aircraft such as the PA28. A cruise speed of 155 knots, a range of 780 nautical miles and a service ceiling of 20,000 feet also make it a very capable touring aircraft.
The Duchess is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. In addition to our UK research aircraft, G-BZRT and G-GCCL, the product features liveries from the USA, Canada, France, Australia and Germany.
The Duchess Model 76 for X-Plane 11 features PBR materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism, HD textures for the highest possible texture clarity and numerous animations including a multi-animation passenger door that, when open, responds to G-forces and air resistance.Model
- Accurately modelled Duchess Model 76, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including multi-animation passenger doors that, when open, respond to G-forces and air resistance, baggage door, cockpit window and sun visors
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off' (if aircraft is stationary on the ground)
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- KMA 28 audio selector
- Fully featured X-Plane-native GNS430 (supports procedures out of the box, and supports Navigraph and Aerosoft custom NAV databases)
- KX 155 COM/NAV 2 radio
- KR 87 ADF receiver
- KT 76A transponder unit
- WX-8 Stormscope
- Century IV autopilot
- HSI and ADF gauges
- Support for Reality GTN750 (sold separately, Windows only)
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- GoodWay compatible
- Ability to change barometric units from inHg to MB in altimeter adjustment
- Option to activate flashlight from within pop-up window, to aid in those pitch-black cold and dark starts at night
- Pop-up autopilot window
- Option to remove window and instrument reflection effects
- Animated toe brakes
- Radio knob animations routed through plugin logic, for optimum movement fidelity and sound synchronisation
- Custom-coded fuel system with crossfeed
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers and avionics power circuit. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane's internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
- Realistic landing gear with emergency extension, slow/fast tyre rotation animation (blurry when rotating fast), precise shock absorber animation and wheel chocks and tie-downs
- Functioning carburetor, cowl flap and primer controls
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapor lock condition
- Simulated vapor lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for gauges (via rheostat)
- Functional electric trim control on yoke
- Simulated fan and vent system with realistic blower sounds (linked to circuit breaker logic and electrical system for realism)
- Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism
The Duchess comes with eleven paint schemes:
- G-BZRT (UK)
- G-GCCL (UK)
- G-BNYO (UK)
- G-WACJ (UK)
- N671R (USA)
- D-GIGY (Germany)
- F-GCLJ (France)
- C-GTYG (Canada)
- VH-HKI (Australia)
- EC-INC (Spain)
- ZK-JED (New Zealand)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Duchess pilots
- Authentic sound set, generated using X-Plane's state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, warnings and more, featuring accurate location placement of sounds in the stereo spectrum, 3D audio effects, atmospheric effects, adaptive Doppler, exterior sounds spill in when window or door(s) are opened, different sound characteristics depending on viewing angle etc.
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD paint kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
- Dedicated pop-up window for sound mixing, allowing for individual adjustment of the volume of exterior sounds, in-cockpit sounds and various effects
- Custom weight and balance manager window
- X-Plane 11
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K at 3.5 GHz or faster
- 8 GB RAM or more
- DirectX 12-capable graphics card from nVidia, AMD or Intel with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)
- Windows 10 / 7 / Vista / XP, MAC OS 10.10 (or higher) or Linux
- 2 GB hard drive space
- Updated Plugin logic to SASL 3.8
- Adapted flight dynamics to comply with 11.40 updates.
- Added SkunkCrafts Updater support.
- Fixed Gyro Sound
- Fixed Night lighting for GTN750 bezel
- Fixed flap manipulator for VR
- Added interior night light (Dome light)
- Fixed wheel well
- Fixed NAV and Glideslope
- Updated .acf file to X-Plane 11.50 standard
- Adjustments to cruise speeds for 11.50's new flight model
- Updated logic to move common prefs and settings to their own config files, for SkunkCrafts Updater compatibility
- Fixed autopilot climb, descent, and altitude-hold behavior
- Fixed gyrocompass numbers
- Re-exported 3D files in the latest version of Blender
- Added Save/Load buttons to Weight And Balance popup. Click Save to save the current weights/fuel configuration to disk. When the plane is next opened it loads with default values, but click Load Configuration to load the weights you previously saved.
- Fixed show/hide of flap manipulator.
- Improved behaviour of popup menus in VR.
- Reduced excessive gear drag.
Read the FlightSim.Com review