is a complete city plus airports package of the large area of Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America. With this product you are free to fly to any of 5 airports and many heliports in the area, admire some of the world-renowned landmarks like Capitol or Pentagon, or simply pay a visit to The President of the United States in his Oval Office in the White House. The choice is yours!Washington, D.C.
was founded in 1791 to serve as the new national capital. In 1791, President Washington commissioned Pierre (Peter) Charles L'Enfant, a French-born architect and city planner, to design the new capital. He based his design on plans of cities such as Paris, Amsterdam, Karlsruhe, and Milan that Thomas Jefferson had sent to him. L'Enfant's design also envisioned a garden-lined "grand avenue" approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) in length and 400 feet (120 m) wide in the area that is now the National Mall. On August 24–25, 1814, in a raid known as the Burning of Washington, British forces invaded the capital during the War of 1812. The Capitol, Treasury, and White House were burned and gutted during the attack. Most government buildings were repaired quickly; however, the Capitol was largely under construction at the time and was not completed in its current form until 1868. Washington had an estimated population of 681,170 as of July 2016. Commuters from the surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs raise the city's population to more than one million during the workweek. The Washington metropolitan area, of which the District is a part, has a population of over 6 million, the sixth-largest metropolitan statistical area in the country.Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
(IATA: DCA, ICAO: KDCA, FAA LID: DCA) is an international airport 3 miles (5 km) south of downtown Washington, D.C. in Arlington County, Virginia, United States. The airport opened June 16, 1941, just before US involvement into World War II. It is the nearest commercial airport to the capital and serves the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. In 2013, Reagan National Airport handled 20,415,085 passengers, which was a new record. From April 2014 to March 2015, the airport handled 21,195,775 passengers, which is slightly higher than the aforementioned record. American Airlines, following its merger with US Airways, has the largest share of traffic at the airport, accounting for 50.4% of the market share as of 2015.College Park Airport
(IATA: CGS, ICAO: KCGS, FAA LID: CGS) is a public airport located in the City of College Park, in Prince George's County, Maryland. It is the world's oldest continuously operated airport. College Park Airport was established in August 1909 by the United States Army Signal Corps to serve as a training location for Wilbur Wright to instruct two military officers to fly in the government's first airplane.Joint Base Andrews
(ICAO: KADW) is a United States military facility located in Prince George's County, Maryland. The base is widely known for serving as the home base of two Boeing VC-25 aircraft which have the call sign Air Force One while the President of the United States is on board.Potomac Airfield
(ICAO: KVKX, FAA LID: VKX) is a privately owned, public-use airport located in the community of Fort Washington (formerly known as Friendly), in Prince George's County, Maryland. It is a general aviation airport, and there is no scheduled airline service available.Washington Executive Airport
(FAA LID: W32), also known as Washington Executive Airpark or Hyde Field, is a public use general aviation airport located 2 miles (3.2 km) southwest of the central business district (CBD) of Clinton, in Prince George's County, Maryland, USA. It is located just 1.10 nautical miles (1.27 mi) east of a slightly smaller airport called Potomac Airfield.Installation:
- Please uninstall all other sceneries of all included airports before proceeding.
- Windows installer is fully automatic, Mac/Linux version requires a very easy manual install.
Changes In Version 1.1 Include
- Washington, D.C. scenery with about 1500 custom-made buildings incl. whole downtown in 3D plus other landmarks, bridges, stadiums, harbors/marinas and other objects, all with night textures
- Large scenery area (McLean – Newington – Cheltenham - College Park) with night and seasonal textures and a detailed autogen
- Detailed scenery of KDCA Washington National Airport, with terminal interiors, detailed ground markings, static aircraft, native X-Plane reflections etc.
- Lite sceneries of KADW Joint Base Andrews, KCGS College Park Airport, KVKX Potomac Airfield and W32 Washington Executive Airport with custom-made all airport buildings and realistic ground poly layer.
- Many helipads and heliports including White House, KJPN Pentagon Army Heliport, KBOF Joint Base Anacostia–Bolling, Sibley Memorial Hospital and more.
Changes In Version 1.3 Include
- Specular map fixes
- Object complexity setting fixed
- Navaids now correctly added
- Extended install options added
- Some exclude zones fixed
- 218+ install procedure implemented
- Mesh update (reason: no backward compatibility in the new X-Plane update); this fixes levitating buildings in the city