Polish Airports vol.1 is a package of highly detailed sceneries of EPGD Gdansk, EPKT Katowice, EPRZ Rzeszow (including EPRJ) and EPLB Lublin (including EPSW) airports in Poland.
Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport (Polish: Port Lotniczy Gdansk im. Lecha Walesy, formerly Gdansk-Rebiechowo) (IATA: GDN, ICAO: EPGD) is an international airport located 12 km (7.5 mi) west northwest of Gdansk, Poland, not far from the city center of the Tricity metropolitan area: Gdansk (12 km (7.5 mi), Sopot (10 km (6.2 mi) and Gdynia (23 km (14 mi). The airport is named after Lech Walesa, the former Polish president. On the outside wall of the terminal building one can see the logo of the airport, which is Lech Walesa's actual signature, a stylized "W". Today, Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport is a part of the national, international and global transportation network. Being the third largest airport in Poland, after EPWA and EPKK, it is used as a diversionary airport for Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport in the event of poor weather or emergencies.
Katowice International Airport (Polish: Miedzynarodowy Port Lotniczy Katowice-Pyrzowice) (IATA: KTW, ICAO: EPKT) is an international airport, located in Pyrzowice, 30 km (19 mi) north northwest of Katowice, Poland. It has third biggest passenger flow in Poland. The airport features two passenger terminals A and B and a cargo terminal. Operations at terminal B, much bigger than A, started on 30 July 2007. Terminals are capable of handling about 3.6 million passengers annually. Terminal A handles all non-Schengen flights, while Terminal B handles all Schengen flights. Its concrete runway can accommodate aircraft as large as Boeing 747 or Boeing 777. Heavy transports such as Antonov An-124 or An-225 also land there from time to time.
Rzeszow-Jasionka Airport (IATA: RZE, ICAO: EPRZ) is an international airport located in southeastern Poland, in Jasionka, a village 10 km (6.2 mi) from the center of the city of Rzeszów. It is the seventh-busiest airport in Poland, and has seasonal transatlantic connections. Rzeszow-Jasionka Airport, situated 7.8 km (4.8 mi) north of Rzeszow, features the second-longest runway in Poland: 3,200 m × 45 m (10,499 ft × 148 ft). The new passenger terminal opened in May, 2012. Rzeszow Jasionka Airport EPRZ is located next to a smaller Rzeszow Jasionka Airport (ICAO: EPRJ), owned by Rzeszow University of Technology and used by Rzeszow Aeroclub. It features a 900x30m lightened asphalt runway (090/270), 700x100m grass strip and a few hangars. EPRJ is technically a different airport than EPRZ, although separated by the airport fence only.
Lublin Airport (Port Lotniczy Lublin) (IATA: LUZ, ICAO: EPLB) is an airport in Poland serving Lublin and the surrounding region. The site is located about 10 km (6.2 miles) east of downtown Lublin, adjacent to the town of Swidnik. The airport has a 2520 x (45 + 2 x 7,5) m runway, and the terminal facilities are capable of handling 4 Boeing 737-800 class aircraft simultaneously. Construction began in the fall of 2010 and the official opening took place on December 17, 2012. The new airport replaced the grass airstrip (1200 x 50 m).Installation:
Please uninstall all versions of included airports you may have installed before prior to installing this product, including any older Polish Airports vol.1 . This is done by removing the corresponding folder from Addon Scenery as well as entries of each airport in the Scenery Library.
The scenery will be automatically added to the Flight Simulator Scenery Library. Our installer provides you additional optional features during install.Scenery features:
New in version 4:
- Very high quality sceneries of EPGD Gdansk, EPKT Katowice, EPRZ Rzeszow and EPLB Lublin airports
- Photoreal Rzeszow city with landmarks and autogen
- Up-to-date scenery of all airports including newly constructed terminals, aprons and taxiways
- SODE animations (jetways, hangar doors etc.)
- 3D people, ground vehicles, optional static aircraft
- Custom PDF charts
- AES and GSX support
- FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1/2/3 compatibility
- Completely new lighting system
- SODE support for jetway and other animations
- Optional, new static aircraft for each airport
- Fully automatic season switching
- Wet asphalt during rain
- All ground surfaces and signs done from scratch
- New Cargo and C terminals and their surroundings
- New vegetation
- Car traffic
- Cars on car parks
- Apron near the hangars
- 3 new hangars (2 with interior modeling)
- Car traffic
- Enlarged main terminal
- TNT building
- Runway 11 turnaround area
- HEMS base
- Completely new ground photoreal textures and new autogen
- Reexported, retextured and optimized all of the buildings
- New buildings added
- New runway/apron signs
- Animated train
- New ground vehicles
- Custom mesh
Changes in Version 4.1 IncludeChanges In Version 4.2 Include
- UTX, FS Global, FTX Global etc.
Changes In Version 4.3 Include
- New fully customized lighting that can be conditionally switched ON at any time of the day by selecting 112.00 MHz on NAV2
- The above fix includes upgraded light effects, especially on apron light poles - they look much more realistic now
- Fixes at EPKT KJatowice including fixed stand numbering and some texture related issues
- Fixed mesh issue at EPLB Lublin
- Checked and fixed navaids - localizers, glideslopes etc.
Changes In Version 4.5 Include
- New H taxiway with all markings and lighting
- New snow layer
- New rain layer
Changes In Version 4.6 Include
- Airport lights can now be switched on with NAV2 set at 112.0MHz or at ILS frequency of a particular runway. This will make autoland day landings possible with lights switched on.
- An additional option in the installer to switch airport lights ON permanently
- New, more realistic textures for runway lights
- All airports: Dynamic Lights, P3Dv4 native ground poly, weather-dependent lighting, enhanced SODE objects, fixed taxiway centerline lighting, updated apron markings
- EPGD: New DHL Cargo building, enhanced car parking, better GSX compatibility, new mesh around the airport
- EPKT: New ATC tower, new cargo apron, new static aircraft
- EPRZ: New G and Z taxiways, new Air Club building and the old one removed, new MGGP Aero building, new AirRes building, new taxiways and refurbished hangar in OKL, mesh fixes, GSX-compatible jetway
- EPLB: New ground poly (FSX and P3Dv4 formats), new terminal with interior plus the East section, new train and rails, new HEMS base, new handling vehicles, new fences and SODE-controlled gate, new Swidnik buildings, new objects at the terminal parking and a new mesh
Read the FlightSim.Com review