Virtavia AJ-2 Savage – FSX
For FSX only
Get the FSX Steam Edition version of the Virtavia – AJ-2 Savage FSX Steam Edition here.
In the period following World War II, as the Cold War began to heat up, the U.S. Navy’s requirement for a long-range attack aircraft, large enough to carry a nuclear weapon and capable of operating from the decks of aircraft carriers, resulted in the North American AJ-2 Savage. At that time, there appeared to be some merit in providing both piston engines and jet engines in a single airframe as an all-jet fleet was not yet a reality. It was the largest twin-engine Heavy Attack aircraft to ever operate from U.S. Navy carriers during the late 1940s and early 50s. The Savage was built as a nuclear attack bomber, but also served as a reconnaissance aircraft and refueling tanker. By the early 1960s, AJ Savages were replaced by the all-jet A-3 Skywarrior.
- THREE models and FIVE liveries
- AJ-2B, VC-6, USS Yorktown, 1954
- VAH-7, USS Forrestal, 1956
- VAH-7, NAS Sanford, FL, 1958
- VJ-62, NAS Sanford, FL, 1954
- VAP-61, Guam, 1956
- Bomber, refueling tanker and photo reconnaissance (AJ-2P) variants included.
- detailed virtual cockpit with gauges, controls and night lighting.
- bump-mapped 2048-pixel texture sets.
- very high quality native FSX models.
- accurately modelled and working catapult bridle and holdback assemblies (FSX Acceleration req’d for this).
- animated dorsal intake, crew doors, crew, tailhook, bomb bay doors, folding wings/tail and hose/drogue refueling system.
- togglable realistic crew figures with accurate period flight gear.
- animated, featherable propeller blades.
- 3-engine prop/jet soundset.
- PhotoShop paint kit files provided.
- Note – no 2D panel is provided.
- 28-page PDF illustrated user manual in .pdf format