The Ikarus C42C is an ultra light (classified in Europe as a UL, in the USA as a Light Sport Aircraft) two-seat trainer of fabric-and-tube construction and powered by the Rotax 912 UL engine. Our own Mario is taking his student pilot instruction in Germany in the real-world Ikarus C42C, tail number D-MYSF. This model is a near-replica of that airplane, and features over 85 original sound recordings from the real airplane. Loaded with special features such as an interactive virtual preflight inspection, two different instrument panels, pop-out gauges, PBR rendering effects, custom HDR lights, and much more! VR-optimized.
Requires X-Plane 11.20 or newer.
- Created from actual hands-on experience flying an Ikarus C42C (D-MYSF)
- VR compatible – fully optimized for VR use
- Two different panels included:
o The Basic Trainer has the essential gauges and instruments for VFR training flights (Altimeter, Airspeed, Vertical Speed (variometer), Slip Indicator, Magnetic Compass, COM radio (no NAV radio), and engine monitor gauges
o The Full Panel version adds a transponder and a “vfamap L” glass panel instrument loosely modeled from the flymap L® – includes a simple GPS Flight Planner, an Artifical Horizon with waypoint information, and a moving-map display with GPS flight plan overlay (used the X-Plane G1000 moving map). The Full Panel version also has a simulated FLARM traffic alert monitor that will track your AI aircraft
- Accurate flight characteristics based on input from our own in-house C42C student pilot Mario
- Semi-transparent fabric-covered wings and empennage
- FMOD sounds – more than 85 original, actual sound recordings used for FMOD sounds, including engine running (forward, aft, left and right), flaps, switches, doors, ground roll, propeller turn-by-hand, sun visors, engine starter, engine shut-down and many more
- Fully animated hi-res model with PBR effects inside and out, HDR lighting and very highly detailed modeling creates an immersive, realistic experience
- Interactive, animated virtual pre-flight inspection takes you on guided walk-around of the Ikarus (VR compatible using teleport hot-spots) using interactive check lists. If you conduct your pre-flight in early morning or late evening, spot lights are automatically
provided at each of the six inspection stations. We even simulated the famous Rotax engine “burp”!
- User-customizable air charts feature allows you create a matrix of nine air charts that can be scrolled up/down and left/right and “stitched together” to form a large, virtual “paper” chart that can be popped up inside the cockpit
- Pop-out gauges make it easier to see and operate the gauges and instruments (VR friendly)
- COM radio allows you to save up to (30) radio frequencies in memory and recall them for use anytime you fly. Store your most-used frequencies!
- Choice of female or male animated copilot
- Engine choke operation is functional (simulated)
- Realistic engine effects unique to the Rotax 912, such as slow idle after first starting the engine
- Realistic BRS parachute, including safety pin that must be removed prior to operating the BRS, and a blow-off parachute hatch with actual BRS rocket sound
- Choice of metric or imperial units for gauges and instruments (your choice is saved each time you quit X-Plane or unload the airplane)
- Choice of English or German language for instruments and menus (your choice is saved each time you quit X-Plane or unload the airplane)
- Kneeboard allows the pilot to choose Options and settings, remove ground elements, select nose gear steering, select a copilot (or none), add or reduce fuel payload, adjust pilot and copilot weights, select your language choice (English or German), and select your units preference (metric or imperial)
- 14 different liveries provided, including the two actual liveries flown by Mario (D-MYSF and D-MNLN)
- Over 75 different save-states are recorded each time you quit X-Plane or unload the Ikarus. Save-states are reloaded the next time you fly. Save-states include options choices, settings, switches, doors, vents, etc.
- Pop-out check list for quick reference
- Realistic vibrations on control surfaces due to prop wash and engine vibration
- Realistic vibration effects inside the cockpit due to engine vibration
- Illustrated User Manual provided
- German and English-language POH provided (not for real flight!)
- Custom 3D propeller disc effect
- Paint kit available – create your own livery
- Supports the wonderful, free AviTab plugin – available at X-Plane.org)
- ShadeTree Micro Aviation Autoupdate plugin included – stay up to date with new features and fixes, right to your desktop