Air Traffic Control (ATC) is a service operated by appropriate authorities to promote the safe, orderly, and expeditious flow of air traffic. It also provides weather reports and pilot advisories. Simulation pilots can make their flights more realistic by communicating with ATC and following its instructions and clearances.
Communicate With All ATC Facilities for Visual Flights
- Ground Control
- Departure Control
- Air Route Traffic Control Centers
- Approach Control
- Common Traffic Advisories
- Automated weather reports
Use All ATC Functions for Visual Flights
Communicate VFR in All Relevant Airspaces
- Controlled airports
- Uncontrolled airports
- On the ground
- In the air
Adhere to Basic ATC Procedures
- Requesting and receiving clearance to taxi and take off
- Holding short and taxiing into position
- Handing off to other jurisdictions
- Transiting airspaces en route
- Receiving en route atmospheric pressure
- Listening to destination weather reports
Operate ATC Menus Effectively
- Open and close the window.
- Reposition the window.
- Listen to and read ATC messages.
- Select from menu options.
- Use mouse and keyboard
Enjoy the Satisfaction of Realistic Flight Simming
- Communicate with ATC like real VFR pilots.
- Know when to contact ATC.
- Tune correct radio frequencies.
- Recognize call signs.
- Respond to ATC’s communications.
- Use transponders.
- And many more skills.
Learn From Professional Instructional Videos
- Scripted, articulated, and edited narration
- Separate screens for each step
- Animated highlights for key concepts
- Succinct explanations for everything
- Crystal clear audio quality
- Approach charts included
- Total video duration 26 minutes
- File size: 956 MB
Two Videos in One Package
- One entire video for only ground procedures (12 min)
- Separate video just for aerial procedures (14 min)
Focus and Limits
- Explains ATC for VFR in Microsoft Flight Simulator® 2020
- Principles and methods can be applied to other simulators.
- Discusses tuning communication radios.
- Advises VFR weather selections.
- Does not explain customizing ATC.
Applies to All Aircraft That Normally Fly VFR
- Cessna 152, 172, and 208B
- Beech Baron, Bonanza, and King Air
- Diamond DA40 and DA62
- JMB VL3
- And similar aircraft
Knowledge of aircraft operations is beneficial. My Flight-Sim Maneuvers book explains it all.
Compatible With Popular Software and Operating Systems
- Uses common video software that plays MP4s such as:
- Windows Media Player
- Quick Time
- Instructions for use are included
- Duration 18:46 minutes
- File size 382 MB
Four bonus items are included free for quick and easy reference:
- Transcripts of entire videos
- Keyboard shortcut list for MSFS 2020
- V-Speed card
Every effort has been expended to make sure your video is the quality you deserve.
- Meticulously planned
- Thoroughly researched
- Independently verified for accuracy
- Separately reviewed for quality
As a professional management consultant, I trained people in workplaces for more than 30 years. I began publishing books about home flight simulation in 1997 and videos in 2010. As a professional and experienced trainer, I invest a lot of effort and time toward making quality products that are useful to people.
- Any video with manufacturing defects will be replaced at no cost.
- If you can show that the content of this video is not as described herein, your money will be refunded.
- If you find any facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can check it out.
- Your constructive feedback is welcomed.
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.