- Professional navigation concepts, methods and terms
- Reading and using authentic aviation charts
- Planning and preparing your flights
- Flying cross country with visual and radio navigation
- Compensating for wind effects
- Following airways and jet routes
- Navigating across oceans and sparsely populated lands
- Using the Global Positioning System
- . . . and much more!
Reach Any Destination as Real-world Pilots Do
- Become familiar with navigation terms, concepts and methods.
- Learn to read official aviation charts.
- See how real pilots plan and prepare their cross-country flights.
- Learn how to compensate for winds so you can stay on course.
- See how to use the same skyways that real commercial pilots use.
- Navigate long distances.
- Use the Global Positioning System for precise navigation.
All the Navigation Methods in One Book
- Global Positioning
Find Needed Information Quickly And Easily
- Well organized and clearly written
- Divided into relevant chapters
- Supported with images and tables
- Headings and captions guide you throughout
- Written in plain English
- Fully indexed
- Convenient format
- For all home flight simmers
- For anywhere in the world
- For any home flight-simulation program
- Not for real-world aviation
Readable with any program that reads portable document format (PDF) files such as:
If your e-reader displays PDF files, it will display Instrument Flying for Flight-Sim Pilots.
Written and Published by Professionals
- Experienced flight simmers
- Certified pilots
- Trained writers and editors
- Dimensions: 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches (14 cm by 22 cm), or approximately A5
- Ebook file size: 11.9 MB
- Archive file size: 12.8 MB
- No password required
- Instructions included
- Number of pages: 166
Includes Free V-Speed Card
- Most common general aviation V-Speeds
- Minimums, maximum, and optimums
- Listed by abbreviation, alphabetically on one side
- Listed by abbreviation, by relative speed on other side
- Clearly described
- Applies universally, not to any particular aircraft
- Free with purchase of this flight-sim book
Message From the Author
Instructions supplied with flight-simulation programs skim the surface of what a flight-sim pilot needs to know. And real-world aviation books explain much more than home flight simmers need to know. My books are focused on just what you need. If you enjoy simulating flight realistically, as I do, you will enjoy my books. – Bill Stack, author
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed
A lot of time and effort has been invested toward making quality products that are useful to people. Any books or videos with manufacturing defects will be replaced at no cost. If you can show that the content of these books or videos is not as described, your money will be refunded. If you find facts that you believe are in error, please let me know so I can evaluate them. – Bill Stack
My flight-sim videos and books are only for home flight-simulation computer games. They are based on real aviation laws, regulations, and procedures so home flight-simulation enthusiasts can maximize their enjoyment. Because some aspects of home flight-simulation games are not exactly like real-world aviation, some information in my videos and books is not exactly like real-world flight. That is why these videos and books are not intended for and should not be used for real-world flight or lessons. We accept no liability for any misuse of these flight-simulation videos and books! – Bill Stack