Whiteman Air Force Base is a United States Air Force base located approximately 70 miles east-southeast of Kansas City, Missouri.
The host unit at Whiteman AFB is the 509th Bomb Wing (509 BW), assigned to the Eighth Air Force of the Air Force Global Strike Command. The 509 BW operates the B-2 ‘Spirit’ Stealth Bomber, designed to be employed to strike high-value targets that are either out of range of conventional aircraft or considered to be too heavily defended for conventional aircraft to strike without a high risk of loss. Whiteman AFB is the only permanent base for the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber. The 509th Bomb Wing first flew the B-2 in combat against Serbia in March 1999. B-2 bombers were the first U.S. aircraft to enter Afghanistan airspace in October 2001. During these operations, the aircraft flew round-trip from Missouri, logging combat missions in excess of 40 hours <96> the longest on record.
Whiteman AFB is a joint-service base, with Air Force, Army and Navy units. Other USAF aircraft assigned to Whiteman include the A-10 Thunderbolt II ground-attack fighter and the T-38 Talon jet trainer (F-5E’s are used in this scenery package).
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of custom built hangars and support buildings
- Weapons storage area and technical site
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- AI B-2A, C-130, C-5A, KC-135R, and C-21A aircraft
- Static B-2A, A-10A, T-38, and UH-60 helicopters (AH-64 proxy)
- The static aircraft and AI densities are scalable to suit most systems.
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold
- Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX-SE
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 or v4
- CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- 2 GB RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 graphics card or better
- 30 MB hard disk space for download, 209 MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.