During the Cold War, Upper Heyford served as a base for United States Air Force Strategic Air Command (SAC) bombers and United States Air Forces In Europe (USAFE) tactical reconnaissance and fighter aircraft.
Upper Heyford was unique among bases in the United Kingdom as only the flight-line area required military identification to access. The rest of the base, save the commercial facilities, was accessible to military and nonmilitary alike.
The Team SDB version of RAF Upper Heyford represents the air base in the 1980s/early 1990s when it was home to the 20th Tactical Fighter Wing (55th, 77th, 79th Tactical Fighter Squadrons) flying the General Dynamics F-111E.
The scenery consists of:
- Photo-real background texture of base
- The scenery is aligned with Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery
- Full complement of hangars and Hardened Aircraft Shelters
- Technical site and accommodations representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- AI and static General Dynamics F-111E
- Visiting C-130s and C-141B
- The static aircraft and AI densities are scalable to suit most systems
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold)
- Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 or v4
- CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- 2 GB RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 Graphics Card or better
- 100 MB hard disk space for download, 240 MB for installation
Team SDB donate a percentage of their revenue to Help For Heroes.