Joint Base Andrews is a United States military facility located in Prince George’s County, Maryland. The base is named for Lieutenant General Frank Maxwell Andrews, former Commanding General of the United States Armed Forces in the European Theater of Operations during World War II.
The base is widely known for serving as the home base of two Boeing VC-25 aircraft which have the call sign Air Force One while the President of the United States is on board.
The base has many tenant units from all branches of the armed forces and is under the jurisdiction of the United States Air Force 11th Wing, Air Force District of Washington. In 2009, Andrews Air Force Base and Naval Air Facility Washington were merged to form Joint Base Andrews.
This scenery of Andrews AFB/NAF by Team SDB represents the base between 2000 and 2010. This scenery was originally part of a volume of four USAF bases. Over time we have updated the original bases as the versions of Flight Simulator and now Prepar3D have changed.
The scenery consists of:
- Full complement of hangars and support buildings
- Technical site and accommodation representative of the period
- Operational night lighting
- Dynamic night lighting in Prepar3D v4
- AI Learjet C-21, F-16C, F-16D, Beechcraft C-12, C-130H, Gulfstream C-20, Gulfstream C-37A, and KC-135 Stratotanker
- Static UH-60 Blackhawks
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2/Acceleration or Flight Simulator X Gold)
- or Dovetail Games FSX-SE
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 or v4
- CPU 2.4 GHz or better
- 2 GB RAM Minimum
- 512 MB DX9 or DX10 graphics card or better
- 28 MB for download, 50 MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.