Team SDB CVN-65 USS Enterprise ‘Final Cruises’ for FSX. FSX-SE, Prepar3D v3, and Prepar3D v4.
This version began as an idea to enhance the original release for use in Prepar3D v4 by updating the RFN Carrier gauge to the 64-bit version. The initial idea was to replace the F-14 Tomcats, A-7 Corsair IIs, A-6 Intruders, and SH-3 Sea Kings with the more modern F/A-18 Hornets and SH-60 Seahawks borrowed from Javier Fernandez’s beautiful Nimitz carrier package. But as happens sometimes the smallish project took on a life of its own and soon became an extensive overhaul worthy of a separate package. The new model visually reflects changes from the 3+ year refit of 1990-1994 and the overhauls of 2005 and 2008-2009.
We selected two cruises. The final World Cruise in 2006, one of the last cruises for the S-3 Viking onboard the Enterprise. And the 2012 Mediterranean/Arabian Sea Cruise, the last cruise of the Enterprise before returning stateside for defueling and eventual decommissioning in 2017. Both cruises originated at Oceana, Virginia and saw military action in the Persian Gulf. The included Boat Traffic files cover these two areas of operation. The included aircraft types, units, and markings are correct for the two cruises.
In addition to the Enterprise we have included an Arleigh Burke class Destroyer in two versions – Flight IIa Class2 and Flight IIa Class5. These are based on the models by Henrik Nielsen. With Henrik’s permission, we have enhanced them for this project.
To give the package a bit more usefulness we have gone a step further from the original release and have included a complete RFN Carrier gauge. This will not only give access to nearly a dozen Advanced Features but also a graphic interface to locate and interact with the ships. Thanks to the improvements of Prepar3D v4 we have been able to include very realistic night lighting effects on all ships. To manipulate the lights and other details a configuration interface is included.
- Two configurations representing the 2006 World Cruise and the 2012 Final Cruise with unique carrier details and carrier/aircraft textures for each
- Empty deck versions of both cruises
- Full FSX Acceleration carrier operations compatibility
- New and updated static aircraft on deck (F/A-18C Hornet, F/A-18E Super Hornet, F/A-18F Super Hornet, EA-6B Prowler, S-3B Viking, E-2C Hawkeye, and SH-60 Seahawk)
- Aircraft servicing vehicles, fire trucks, and deck crew figures
- SH-60 Seahawk plane guard helicopter flying alongside
- Arleigh Burke class Destroyer escorts (Flight IIa Class2 and Flight IIa Class5)
- RFN gauge for TACAN (TACtical Air Navigation system – course and distance) and ICLS (Instrument Carrier Landing System) navigation to the ship
- Advanced FLOLS (Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System) system with correct glide slope
- LRLS Long Range Line-Up System
- Audible LSO (Landing Signal Officer) announcements
- Advanced aircraft launch trigger
- Realistic launch speed tailored to individual aircraft
- Animated Catapult Officer (Shooter)
- Steam effect on catapult (Prepar3D v4 only)
- GOTO feature to position your aircraft in one of four deck locations
- Working #3 elevator for movement between hanger deck and flight deck
- Night operations lighting including sequenced flashing centerline lights
- Dynamic night lighting (Prepar3D v4 only)
- Carrier Traffic files for both cruises near NAS Oceana, Virginia and the Persian Gulf
- Configuration file for use with AI Carrier utility
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP w/SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Service Pack2 and Acceleration
- or Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold
- or Dovetail Games FSX: Steam Edition
- or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® Simulation Software v3 or v4
- CPU: 3.0 GHz, 2 Core (Intel i3 or better)
- RAM: 2GB Minimum
- Graphics Card: 1GB (NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or better)
- 350 MB hard disk space for download, 485 MB for installation
Team SDB generously donates a portion of revenues from its products to UK Help for Heroes.