ATTENTION PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS: If you have already bought the guide and just want to update do this: login to your store account and then click on “My Account”. Once into your account select “Downloads”, which will provide download links for all previous purchases. To update this guide, just download it again.
This stunning 282-page digital guide is packed full of inspiring visuals to support you in your new flight simulator. Discover what you need to know from flying with ATC and configuring camera controls, to using the accessible user interface (UI) and completing your first training flight.
Spend more time flying in your new simulator with the best possible set up. SoFly’s team of experts have carefully crafted an easy to follow guide, enabling you to swiftly adapt your settings to maximise performance without compromising the look of your new simulator.
A Guide to Flight Simulator will provide you with detailed information for each of the hand-crafted airports, whilst the tips and tricks from certified pilots will give you the confidence needed to complete complicated manoeuvres and land at challenging airports. Detailed specs will help you understand each of the included aircraft to help you become the best virtual pilot.
The step-by-step tutorials included throughout will walk you through your first flights in the simulator, and provide you with travel inspiration for your next virtual flight. You’ll soon be able to fly solo or online with your friends using live settings.
“A Guide to Flight Simulator” is the perfect travel companion for anyone using the new flight simulator, regardless of the level of experience or knowledge.
- Over 282 pages of detailed content guiding you to have the best flight simulation experience
- A step-by-step tutorial for you to learn about the aircraft and how they handle
- Detailed information on every hand-crafted airport
- Detailed information on each included aircraft
- Tips to maximize the performance of your simulator
- A walk-through on how to use built-in features, such as ATC, camera controls, and more
- Detailed information on how to set up multiplayer flights with ease
- Inspiration on landmarks and cities to explore
- New challenges to test your piloting skills
- Walk-through tutorials for your first flights
- Guidance on how to use the UI (user interface) and explore the world with ease
This is an all-new flight simulation company aimed at supporting, educating and providing guidance to newcomers and flight simulation enthusiasts already embarking on their simulation experience.
Working jointly with others will enable SoFly to help others feel inspired when choosing their next virtual flight. Through the use of podcasts, video diaries and other forms of media, those in the industry can support and give tips to those just joining us.
Having everything in one place to educate, inspire and guide is our mission. Over the course of time, SoFly will be populated with a huge collection of support for those with experience and those new to the world of Flight Simulation.
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- NEW – Boosting Performance for your Simulator
- NEW – How to Find Animals
- NEW – How to Unlock All Achievements in the Simulator
- NEW – Information on how to print and move to a different device
- ADDED – Remaining Airports
- ADDED – New Tips for Multiplayer
- ADDED – Link to Blog Post for Improving Download Speed on Installation
- FIX – Corrected Logitech Error on Page 15
- FIX – Corrected Gibraltar ICAO code on page 80
- FIX – Changed details about server availability on page 120
- NEW – G1000 Tutorial
- NEW – Airport Manoeuvering
- NEW – Primary Key Controls
- FIX – Corrected airport elevation for Sydney International Airport (YSSY)
- NEW – TBM 930 Tutorial
- NEW – Information on SkyVector Flight Planning [Part of TBM Tutorial]
- NEW – Information on using VOR navigation [Part of TBM Tutorial]
- ADDED – Page numbers now link directly to pages within the guide
- FIX – Minor spelling error on In-Sim Menu Options on page 48
- FIX – Minor spelling error on ATC communication options on page 49
- FIX – Minor spelling errors on Airliner section on pages 68 and 69
- FIX – Some page numbers were incorrect after guide updates; now fixed
- NEW – Snow and Weather Manipulation
- NEW – Handling Icing In Your Aircraft
- NEW – Accessibility Options
- NEW – Updating Your Simulator
- ADDED – Key features of simulator build 184.108.40.206
- ADDED – Information on in-sim menu after build update 220.127.116.11
- ADDED – Updated back cover
- FIX – Acronym error on Page 134
- NEW – A320Neo Tutorial Flight
- ADDED – Information on Microsoft Flight Simulator Build 18.104.22.168 [Japan Update]
- CHANGED – Updated credits list in relation to upcoming language translations and other contributors.
- FIX – Various minor spelling errors throughout the guide [Thanks to Brian B]
- FIX – Corrected link to SkyVector
NOTE: Some pages within the Airbus tutorial still say version 1.50. This is due to us being unable to grab new images due to an ongoing issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Documented here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a320-mcdu-premium-deluxe-edition-not-in-database-mcdu-errors/303013/19
- NEW – World Update I: Japan section
- ADDED – Six new airports based on the free World Update (Japan) for the simulator
- ADDED – New information in the performance section for ‘Render Scaling’
- CHANGED – Color for the footer to have better visibility for printing
- CHANGED – Updated over 500 images across the guide to be of a higher quality and improve visual explanation
- FIX – Nearly 100 minor changes / fixes to text, spelling and font throughout
- FIX – Corrected page number links where they were wrong/linking to the wrong page
- NEW – World Update II: US Section
- NEW – Future of Flight Simulator
- NEW – Future of A Guide to Flight Simulator
- ADDED – Four new airports based on the free World Update (US) for the simulator
- FIXED – All pages now correctly display the version number
- FIXED – Images missing from Airbus tutorial
- NEW – Virtual Reality recommended hardware
- NEW – Virtual Reality performance settings
- NEW – Virtual set-up tutorial and guide
- ADDED – Changelog information
- ADDED – Latest sim update information
World Update III: United Kingdom and Ireland
- NEW – UK and Ireland Airports
- NEW – UK and Ireland World Update Info
- ADDED – Availability icons on each airport
- FIX – Various fixes to pages / tutorials based on customer feedback.
World Update IV: France and Benelux
- NEW – France and Benelux Airport
- NEW – France and Benelux Update Info
- NEW – Adding/Changing Liveries
- NEW – Customising Flight Model
- ADDED – New details for sim updates
- ADDED – New details on A Guide to Flight Simulator Extended Edition (Coming Soon!)
- FIX – Changes to some airport descriptions
- Fixed an issue with printing