Sim-wings expands the “Canary Islands Professional” series with the third-largest island of the Canaries. The Aeropuerto de Gran Canaria which serves as a stopover on flights between Europe and South America as well as a military air force base has been recreated in a high level of detail. It is the busiest airport of the Canaries with 13,092,117 passengers and 118,554 aircraft movements in 2017.
The entire volcanic island features a high-resolution height mesh and colorfast aerial images. The airport buildings are modelled in high detail and come with interior decoration, while the ground layout is based on recent data from the real airport. The military area is included as well.
The virtual airport of Gran Canaria comes with functional windsocks, PBR materials for some surfaces, and optional SODE-animated jetways. Via the included config tool the scenery can be adapted to run great on one’s own system.
In addition, the default scenery of the “El Berriel” airfield has been modelled as the “El Berriel light” version so that it looks and works very well.
- Highly detailed Gran Canaria Airport scenery with Gran Canaria Island
- High-resolution aerial image for the airport and island of Gran Canaria, extensively color-corrected for true aerial colors
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands
- High-definition height mesh with 5 m resolution for the entire Island
- Autogen buildings and vegetation at all parts of the aerial image area
- Extremely detailed Gran Canaria airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Complete military area with highly detailed hangars and buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models (CTRL-J), SODE jetways available as optional download
- Functional safegates at all gates, no need for any other add-on to get working VGDS
- Functional windsocks
- Pre-rendered self-shadowing (Ambient Occlusion) at buildings
- Animated vehicle traffic on the apron and around the airport
- Detailed AFCAD. Actual nav data and approach procedures (Airac 1906)
- Extended configuration tool
- Straightforward installation: no changes to default configuration necessary. No SODE needed for full functionality (despite for optional SODE jetways), everything is programmed using SDK features
- Optimized dynamic lighting (can be turned off per area via the config menu)
- Optimized 3D runway lighting with automatic activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- Use of PBR materials for ground water effects and windows (can be switched off to use of normal P3D v4 materials)
- Enhanced default scenery of “El Berriel” GCBL – “Lite scenery”
- Configuration tool will automatically recognize which version of Prepar3D is used
- Prepar3D V4 or V5
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit)
- CPU: Quad Core CPU with 3.5 GHz
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 2666 MHz
- Graphics card: 4 GB VRAM, DirectX 11