C-46 COMMANDO ADVENTURES–18 FLIGHTS FOR WEEKS WITH THE GREAT COMMANDO.
The Curtiss C-46 was powered by the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 engine, producing 2,000 horsepower. Ironically, this was the engine originally intended for the airplane. Other changes included: replacement of the Hamilton-Standard propellers with four blade Curtiss Electrics, no cabin pressurization (although the airplane retained its service ceiling of 22,000 feet – no doubt due to the two stage supercharger equipped engines – a vestige of the airplane’s pressurized airliner roots), a reinforced cargo floor, and extra large cargo doors on the fuselage. Although 17 different variants of the airplane were produced, the C-46A and C-46F made up the bulk of the production run. A total of 3140 Commandos were made before production ended in 1946
Luckily Just Flight has recently come out with a wonderful model of this Famous WW2 Aircraft. We believe it gives the FSX/FSXSE pilot the opportunity to get to really know this great plane. We suggest pilots fly to the 20 airports and airfields using this model, of course if you don’t have it in your hangar you can use one of several Freeware that are available.
These 18 airports/airfields will give the pilot a complete tour with this plane for many weeks as well as provide wonderful “RCS SIGHTLY SCENERY” airfields to arrive to. You will fly over many different countries as well as over many dangerous landscapes. Many Airports have night time lightning which gives you the opportunity to fly by night into unknown destinations under all kinds of weather conditions.
We think this the most complete bundle of Airports/Airfields specially assembled and updated for the great and only C-46 COMMANDO.
- 18 Airports/Airfields In The Following Countries:
- Peru, Alaska (Usa), Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Micronesia,
- Brazil, New Guinea, Australia, Seychelles, Jamaica, Finland And Canada
- All Airports Use Our “Sightly” Scenery
- Flight Map Of Each Airport/Airfield For A Better Flight Plan
- Suggested “Departure” Airport Or Airfield
- High Resolution Day And Night Textures
- Many Vegetation Objects According To Actual Locations
- Many Custom Static Objects In The Scenery, Airport Buildings Etc.
- 4 Textures For Just Flight C-46 And 2 For Freeware Aircraft
- Great Performance With High Frame Rates
- Automatic Installer
- Complete And Detailed Documentation
- XP with SP3
- Vista (32 or 64 bits)
- 7 (32 or 64 bits)
- Flight Simulator
- Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition (FSXSE)
- Pentium V/2GHz or similar
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- 100 MB available hard disk space.