“You Call, We Haul”
The highly recognizable twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift Ch-47 Chinook entered service in the early 1960s. With a top speed of 170 knots, it was faster than many contemporary utility and attack helicopters of that era. The Chinook is one of a very few aircraft from that period, such as the C-130 Hercules and the UH-1 Iroquois, that is still in production and front line service.
Improved and more powerful versions of the CH-47 have been developed since the helicopter entered service. The U.S. Army’s first major design leap was the now-common CH-47D, which entered service in 1982. Improvements from the CH-47C included upgraded engines, composite rotor blades, a redesigned cockpit to reduce pilot workload, improved and redundant electrical systems, an advanced flight control system and improved avionics.
Payload: 28,000 lb (12,700 kg)
Max speed: 170 knots (196 mph, 315 km/h)
Range: 400 nmi (450 mi, 741 km)
Service ceiling: 18,500 ft (5,640 m)
Rate of climb: 1,522 ft/min (7.73 m/s)
Introducing the CH-47D Chinook
We are pleased to offer, in association with Nemeth Designs, the CH-47D Chinook for FSX! The CH-47D depicted in this package is a highly detailed replica of its real-life counterpart.
With high quality exterior and interior textures, hundreds of animated 3D gauges, a high definition soundset, and a working AFCS (automatic flight control system), this rendition of the successful Chinook will be as close as most of us will ever get to the real thing!
- Accurate and detailed interior and exterior visual models
- High definition exterior and interior textures
- Fully clickable dynamic virtual cockpit with 3D instruments
- Hundreds of animated 3D gauges for smooth gauge operations
- Glass reflection and dust maps
- Three different exterior paint themes
- Custom exterior animations
- Working AFCS (automatic flight control system)
- Realistic system procedures
- High definition sound set by Sonic Solutions
- PDF operating manual