MARCH AND APRIL SALES OF THIS PRODUCT WILL ALL BE DEVOLVED TO CHARITY: AEROBILITY, is a Charity Association present on the Blackbushe Airport ground, providing disabled people a chance to fly and more! Check them out here.
So, if you really feel like buying it, you’re doing something good for somebody!
EGLK – BLACKBUSHE AIRPORT by LN Design
Blackbushe is an airport in the Hampshire county. Built during the WWII and first named “RAF Hartfordbridge”, it was also one of the first home airports to the FIDO (Fog Investigation and Dispersal Operation) system. The Airport was renamed as “RAF Blackbushe” due to confusion over a similar area in Norfolk in 1944, and on November 1946, RAF moved out handing it to the Ministry of Civil Aviation. From that day it became “Blackbushe Airport”.
Now it’s an actively growing airport, with great plans and investments for the future, going in a stage of re-modernization and rehab for its structures.
This scenery aims to take a snapshot of the actual (2020/early 2021) airport layout.
It’s full of details, you’ll see yourself, and the main goal is not just to provide “another airport”, but to give the pilot feelings about it. We wanted it to trigger some wow-effect to whoever has seen its real life counterpart, and provide accuracy in the layout so anybody can confront real pictures with the virtual airport.
More of its history can be found on the official website at:
- 1:1 scale buildings, accurately modeled using DOZENS of reference pictures (with the help of the great Blackbushe Airport Community Forums)
- Detailed and stunningly accurate layout
- Love for the project and care about details
- Original satellite image tweaked to remove imperfections (planes on aprons and grass, helicopters, etc.)
- Ongoing VFR surroundings references
- Fine-tuned navaids to be as close as possible to reality, with tweaked vegetation, correct PAPI lights for GS, etc.
- Outstandingly accurate night lighting
- Added tower interiors
- Added collision boxes with most buildings
- Added missing signage at the entrance and near the apron
- Vegetation correction and improvements in the general layout
Plans For The Future
- More VFR reference points as we get to know them
- More aesthetics 3D models (helicopters, gliders) to bring life to the airport
Extract the installer from the zip file and run it. When prompted to insert the Serial Number, insert the one provided in the email you received from the store, and point the installation to your community folder.
Please contact me at [email protected] for every issue or suggestion.
Be sure to leave a review if you like the scenery, that’s what keep us going and improve!
- Taxiways made darker
- Runway made just a bit darker than taxiways
- Added BCA Building (don’t expect the same details of airport ground buildings)
- Added sponsoring in the control tower model
- Tweaked bush size in front of the Bushe Café
- Removed all possible trees from the grass apron
- Tweaked layering to get a more homogeneous snow coverage in winter (mostly snow was missing on closed runways)
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.