This is the sleek, high performance French 4 seater ‘Trinidad’ by Socata Aerospace in France. This 250 HP Turbocharged Edition of the Trinidad line, the TB-21 GT, is a fast cruiser, hitting cruise speeds of 200 MPH or 180+ knots. Some were fitted with oxygen systems for high altitude cruising, up to 25,000 feet ASL. She was designed with a very advanced interior with automotive style instrument panel featuring ‘instrument pods’ similar to the Lotus Esprit and Lamborghini Countach of that era. Even today, her instrument panel design is more advanced in appearance to other manufacturers.
- 22 (twenty two) different paint schemes!
- 3 different interior themes: gray, tan, neon euro blue
- Extreme detail virtual cockpit with updated and modified mesh, mapping, and graphics
- Disappearing control yoke for visibility
- Extreme high-resolution textures in PBR format complete with bump mapping
- Asobo high end avionics including their GNS530 and GNS430 GPS systems
- Sound pack is also an Asobo creation with some incredible sound effects that only MSFS sound systems feature which include bumping sounds, performance maneuver ‘groans’ from the airframe, and other cool effects
- Fold up arm rests
NOTE 1: This product is for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator MSFS 2020 ONLY.
NOTE 2: This should only be used on high performance computers.
NOTE 3: The installer will require MANUAL targeting of your MSFS Community Folder. You must locate its destination folder.
BUILD 3.2, released Jan 30th, 2021
Bugs And Issues:
- Presently doors are inoperative. This is a known Asobo issue concerning click zones.
- Flashing at front windscreen from exterior view only and certain angles to sun only.
- The instrument panel lights are ‘always on’ at night. Asobo presently do not have a way to turn off 2D XML Instrumentation that feature light mapping. Hopefully this will be updated soon in the simulator.
A high-end computer that can run MSFS smoothly is most recommended because this package consists of a high amount of 4K resolution textures. A strong graphics card with at least 2 GB, but preferably 4 GB of VRAM and at least 6 GB of RAM are required. You might need to ‘relax’ settings in the simulator to run this plane in low end computers.
You will need to know where your ‘Community’ folder is in MSFS on your computer. You will need to direct the installer to your that folder when installing this package.
Some users report that the Steam version installation is not running right. If you have an issue, just install the ‘regular MSFS’ version of this package into your Steam version of MSFS.
Changelog Build 3.3
FIXES AND REPAIRS:
- Autopilot bug concerning VS mode not always showing is repaired.
- Non functioning buttons on the panel labeled as dummy buttons so there is no confusion.
- Prop Tooltip Repaired
- Elevator Trim Dial direction incorrect, reset.
- Manual updates carried out, sections added on Autopilot VS management, and LH Pilots Instrument Pod layout.
ENHANCEMENTS AND MODS:
- Doors now open! Dino Cattaneo technology installed, enabled to get around click-box-bug.
- Cargo Door release linked to red knob in cockpit; previously the Emergency Gear Release. Repurposed.
- Circuit Breaker button textures enhanced.
- Heading and Course nobs are now Asobo coded and feature click-hopping 10-deg increments as well as hold/clicking left and right. Faster then previous FSX animation coding.
- Proper plastic coating to interior door latches applied over former metal Material for authentic accuracy
- Avionics Switch Not Animating
- Heading Knob Not Rotating, I broke the animation…
- Heading knob moves VOR1 knob/instrument also, could be a sim issue, unknown presently
Changelog Build 3.4
Here are updates to the new package:
- NAV System revamped. Must use NAV mode to access VOR and ILS Navigation. GPS/NAV button or CDI button on the GPS units to initiate NAV instruments.
- Alternator issue resolved via Systems config links to proper circuit
- Fuel Range adjusted to proper 1055 NM at 5,000 feet altitude, 2 pilots aboard, full fuel, 75% power
- DOORS ARE NOW FUNCTIONING! Just a reminder. And Cargo door opens via round red knob, bottom left
- Adjustments to exterior shine ‘Wax’ setting bumped up 0.100 on slider. 🙂 A better reflection, less grain
- Enhanced, revamped bump maps in 4K resolution. Rivet scale and panels redone and crisper with adjustments to Normal height. Some real punch now.
- New ‘flat’ non-reflective Material for the several Trinidad’s that have weathered exteriors.
- Some fixes to exterior mesh issues, such as elevator shadows, aileron at RH side repaired, and various other tidbits.
- CG adjusted for 2 pilots, improved.
- Improvements to textures concerning rivets on dark paint areas.
Changelog Build 3.5
- Camera settings for interior and exterior improved, revamped
- Weight and CG reset and revamped with rear passengers added
- Interior lighting modes redone and revamped and improved moderately
- Two far distance LOD models added for those that use the Trinidad in multi player mode and as AI aircraft
- Prop blades still texture decolored of odd tint
- Touchups to the new fuselage high resolution bump map (normal map)
- Edits to manual to show new camera systems and lighting functionalities
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.