The Vickers Viscount was a major success in Britain’s aviation industry, being the right aircraft at the right time. Viscounts were registered in over 70 countries; 445 aircraft were built and used in service around the world.
Viscount – Legends of Flight features the -800 series of the marque, with the longer and more elegant fuselage, and takes you back to the heady days of classic aviation with 12 liveries, many of which have long disappeared from the skies.
Designed and built exclusively for Flight Simulator X, Viscount – Legends of Flight features an authentic Virtual Cockpit which is shadow textured as appropriate. All switches, knobs and levers are animated, most with bespoke animations, and the Co-pilot/Engineer station has functional gauges, knobs, levers and switches.
- Dedicated FSX design
- Highly detailed exterior model
- Twelve highly-detailed super-resolution liveries
- Accurate animations
- High-fidelity sound set showcasing the distinctive Rolls-Royce Dart turboprop engines
- Comprehensive manual
- Highly detailed stretch fuselage -800 series
- Operating passenger and cargo doors
- Fully flyable virtual cockpit
- Specular map to give realistic light effect on aircraft
- A great set of bump maps to give a more realistic 3D feeling to the livery sets
- Multiple viewpoints
- Passenger boarding steps and ground crew vehicle customised for each airline
- Stewardess figure in doorway
- Fully detailed interior model complete with passenger section
Twelve authentic international airline and military liveries in super-high resolution:
- BEA (British European Airways) – Red Square livery, 1960s
- Aer Lingus – 1966
- Air Canada – 1974
- British Air Ferries – 1981
- British Midland – 1986
- Cambrian Airways – 1970s
- Continental Airlines – 1959
- KLM ‘Royal Flying Dutchman’ -1959
- Lufthansa – 1968
- RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) – 1965
- Trans Australia Airways – 1960
- Intra Airways 1979 (Ex-British Airways)
A layered, tiled paintkit is supplied so you can create your own liveries (suitable additional paint program such as Photoshop required).
- Dedicated FSX custom flight dynamics
- Checklists and Reference files are provided.
Panel and Virtual Cockpit features
- Highly functional and accurate VC, shadow textured as appropriate.
- All switches, knobs and levers animated, most with bespoke animations.
Co-pilot/Engineer station with fully functional gauges, knobs, levers and switches
- Cargo and passenger doors
- Propellers with pitch control
- Rotating wheels
- Nose wheel steering.
- Animated crew visible through windscreen
- Detailed animations such as windscreen wipers and wheel shock absorbers
- Fully animated control surfaces: flaps, rudder, elevators and ailerons
Touchdown tire smoke effects
- Highly detailed texture mapping which doesn’t compromise frame rates
- FSX DX10 preview compatible
- Bump mapping
- Specular maps
- Night maps
- Red anti-collision beacon
- Coloured wing tip and tail Navigation lights
- Cockpit light
- Passenger windows lighting
- Landing lights that illuminate the runway
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, SP2 and Direct X 10 preview compatible)
- 3.0GHz PC or any Dual Core
- 1.0GB RAM
- 256Mb 3D graphics card
- Windows 7, Vista or XP
- 800MB hard drive space