Just Flight, in partnership with Thranda Design, are proud to present the PA-38 Tomahawk for X-Plane 11.
Following on from their PA-28 series, C152 and Duchess Model 76, this highly detailed simulation of the PA-38 Tomahawk has been developed by Just Flight’s in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Tomahawk, G-BNKH, based at Goodwood Aerodrome with SportAir.
The PA-38 Tomahawk is a two-seater, piston-engine aircraft equipped with a fixed tricycle landing gear, 112hp four-cylinder engine and fixed-pitch propeller – an ideal aircraft for touring and flight training.
The PA-38 is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. The package features liveries from the UK, USA, Canada, France, Australia and Germany.
The PA-38 Tomahawk for X-Plane 11 features PBR materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism, HD textures for the highest possible texture clarity and numerous animations.
- Our most detailed GA model yet, featuring numerous animations right down to a vibrating ignition key and fully adjustable cockpit air vents
- Accurately modelled PA-38 Tomahawk, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- 4096×4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features and accurate simulation of waves in aluminium plates
- Support for rain (requires free Librain plugin)
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Dimmable cockpit lighting
- Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between ‘cold & dark’ or ‘ready for take-off’
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:
– GMA 340 audio selector
– SL30 COM1/NAV1 radio
– SL40 COM2 radio
– GTX 328 transponder
– Support for Reality GTN750 (sold separately, Windows only)
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- GoodWay compatible
- Option to activate flashlight from within pop-up window, to aid in those pitch-black cold and dark starts at night
- Option to remove window and instrument reflection effects
- Radio knob animations routed through plugin logic for optimum movement fidelity and sound synchronisation. All knobs, buttons and switches are configurable via the ‘Manifest.json’ preference file and have tooltip pop-up hints to make hooking up to hardware easier. (Just enable ‘View>Show Instrument Descriptions’ in X-Plane for tooltips).
- Custom-coded fuel system, including the option of automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long-distance cross-country flights (this option is remembered for future flights)
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane’s internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
- Functioning carburettor and primer controls
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapor lock condition
- Simulated vapor lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism
The PA-38 Tomahawk is supplied with ten liveries:
- G-BNKH (UK)
- G-BMVL (UK)
- G-BNNU (UK)
- N2432G (USA)
- N7803Q (USA)
- D-EEQI (Germany)
- C-GTAO (Canada)
- F-HVFA (France)
- PH-MEC (Netherlands)
- VH-UFA (Australia)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from pilots
- Authentic sound set, generated using X-Plane’s state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, warnings and more, featuring accurate location placement of sounds in the stereo spectrum, 3D audio effects, custom atmospheric effects for both internal and external sounds, adaptive Doppler (affected by temperature) and headphone simulation
- Exterior sounds spill in when window or doors are opened, different sound characteristics depending on viewing angle and speed, custom external sound effects that are weather-dependent and engine sounds which are affected by user interaction (engine temperature, throttle position, manifold pressure etc), engine even makes ticking sound when cooling down after shutdown!
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
- Dedicated pop-up window for sound mixing, allowing for individual adjustment of the volume of exterior sounds, in-cockpit sounds and various effects
- Custom weight and balance manager window
- X-Plane 11
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K at 3.5 GHz or faster
- 8 GB RAM or more
- DirectX 12-capable graphics card from nVidia, AMD or Intel with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)
- Windows 10 / 7 / Vista / XP, MAC OS 10.10 (or higher) or Linux
- 2 GB hard drive space