The P-47D (or the ‘Jug’ as it was affectionately known) was one of the heaviest fighters of World War II. This weight required a very powerful engine so the aircraft was fitted with the same engine that powered the Hellcat and the Vought Corsair – the Pratt and Whitney R2800. An impressive load-out capability coupled with very capable .50 caliber machine guns ensured that the Thunderbolt was a very capable medium-range escort fighter and an accomplished ground attack aircraft. It did, however, have an issue with visibility to the rear and the canopy was modified to resemble that of the Hawker Typhoon with an all-encompassing ‘bubble top’ which allowed better all-round vision. The new canopy resulted in the new designation P-47D-25 which was nicknamed ‘The Superbolt’ by pilots in the field.
This highly detailed Aeroplane Heaven P-47D add-on is modelled after the initial P-47D-25 bubble top specification.
- 15 high quality authentic liveries, covering the United States Army Air Force, Royal Air Force and Brazilian Air Force
- Multiple innovative animations and an optional realistic animated pilot figure
- Extensively equipped and highly detailed virtual cockpit
- Colorful nose art
- Modern high-resolution textures
- Separate cockpit gauge lighting
- Channel pre-selector controls (NAV 1 only)
- Gun firing effects with visible gun casings and smoke
- Load-out control for wing stores, ‘cold & dark’ start-up and show/hide pilot
- Choice of center panel options: not used, gunsight or radios
- Selectable wing options: pylons only, wing fuel tanks of 75/108/150 gallons and 500lb/1,000lb bombs
- Authentic engine sound set including cockpit sounds such as switches, clickable knobs, pumps etc.
- Two flight models are supplied – an easy-to-use switcher utility lets you switch between the Pro-Flight version with authentic flight characteristics and the simpler Easy-Fly flight dynamics for those with less experience of this type of heavy high-performance aircraft
- PDF color manual that includes extensive information on cockpit usage and the engine starting operation
- Professional quality paint kit (650MB)
- P-47D-25-RE ‘Dottie Mae’ of the 511th Fighter Squadron, 405th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force, 1944
- P-47D-25-RE of the 83rd Fighter Squadron, 78th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force, RAF Duxford, 1944
- P-47D-27-RE (Thunderbolt Mk II) of the RAF 42nd Squadron, Meiktala, India, July 1945
- P-47D-25-RE of the 61st Fighter Squadron, 56th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force, based at RAF Boxted, 1944. Flown by Lt. Col. Frances Gabreski.
- P-47D-25-RE of the 61st Fighter Squadron, 56th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force, based at RAF Boxted, 1944. Flown by Lt. Col. Frances Gabreski – alternative livery.
- P-47D-27-RE of the 512th Fighter Squadron, 406th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force, based at Ashch, Belgium, 1945. Flown by 2nd Lt. Fred Brandt. Depicted post-wartime fix of damage.
- P-47D-30-RE of the 353rd Fighter Squadron, 354th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force, based in Normandy, France, late 1944. Flown by Maj. Glenn T. Eagleston.
- P-47D-26-RE of the 509th Fighter Squadron, 405th Fighter Group, based in Ophoeven, Belgium, March 1945. Flown by Lt. James R. Hopkins.
- P-47D-27-RE of the 1 Grupo de Aviaco de Caca, Brazilian Air Force, attached to the 350th Fighter Group, 12th Air Force, Pisa, Italy between 1944 and 1945
- P-47D-25-RE of the 82nd Fighter Squadron, 78th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force, based in Duxford, England, late 1944. Note the hastily applied green over the top of the wings to hide the top invasion stripes and the non-standard larger under-wing US roundels.
- P-47D-25-RE ‘Butch II’ Capt. Bill Bailey, 352nd Fighter Squadron, 353rd Fighter Group, September 1944
- P-47D-28RE ‘Chief Ski-u-mah’ of the 509th Fighter Squadron, 405th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force. Flown by Lt. D.E..Buholz.
- P-47D-30RE ‘Little Bunny’ of the 65th Fighter Squadron, 57th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force, Corsica 1944
- P-47D-28RE ‘Chief Seattle’ of the 379th Fighter Squadron, 362nd Fighter Group, 1944
- P-47D-30RA ‘Big Ass Bird II’ of the 513th Fighter Squadron, 406th Fighter Group, 1944
- Flight Simulator
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Acceleration, Gold or SP2 (FSX)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition (FSXSE)
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (P3D)
- Operating System: Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Processor: 2.5 GHz or any Dual Core
- Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
- Video card: 1 GB graphics card
- Hard Drive: 1.7 GB hard drive space