This DHC-1B-2 Bubble canopy Chipmunk is an expansion for the Just Flight – DHC-1 Chipmunk for FSX and P3D, which must be installed for it to work.
The DHC Chipmunk was designed by engineers at the Canadian offices of the De Havilland Aircraft Company and became the RAF’s military trainer of choice in the 1950s.
The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) had their own version designed, with its most distinctive feature being the large two-piece bubble canopy. This disposed of much of the framework of the standard design and provided a much wider field of view which is so essential in the training environment. It stayed in service with the RCAF until 1972.
The model featured in this add-on pack is the DHC-1B-2 and features many other differences apart from the bubble canopy which distinguishes this version.
- Electrical panel is mounted on the top coaming in front of the pilot
- Electrical panel contains switches for the lights, a starter, battery switch, push-button ID light, retractable landing light switch and a volt meter
- Bespoke radio unit fitted ahead of the compass on the floor tunnel.
- Canopy has the appropriate latch system and emergency release mechanism.
- Primer lever and carburetor heat button are correctly placed
- Combined oil temperature and pressure gauge
- Panel carries the appropriate gauges including a fuel pressure gauge
- Fuel cock is replaced by a Left/Right/Off tank selector
- Magneto switches are on the top of the fuselage
- All the flying instruments are appropriate to this model
- Seats have built-in pull release for the harnesses
- Retractable landing light in port underwing
- Streamlined navigation lights on wingtips
- Recognition lights buried in the wingroots.
- Repositioned ground power connector on fuselage alongside a battery box
- Hot air exhaust duct and flap under center fuselage
- Tail light
- First Aid pack on aft fuselage top area
- Solid framed step-plates mounted on the flap and wing surfaces
- Royal Canadian Air Force – Yellow – ‘035’
- Civilian – Silver with light blue and red flash – ‘F-CHIP’
- Manual supplement
- Authentic flight dynamics for this bubble canopy version, with different power and speed limitations
- Appropriate checklists
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required) or Prepar3D v1/v2/v3/v4
- Just Flight – DHC-1 Chipmunk for FSX and P3D
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2.0GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 370MB hard drive space