DC Designs are proud to announce their first aircraft collection for Microsoft Flight Simulator! This F-15 Eagle package includes four highly detailed MSFS models: the F-15C, D, E and I ‘Ra’am’ Eagles.
DC Designs’ F-15 Eagle is designed to provide a top-quality aircraft that is extremely detailed, yet less demanding to fly than today’s most complex procedural simulators. Equipped with all required avionics, and with custom-coded animations and systems, the DC Designs F-15 Eagle is designed to be accessible to all users without the need for intense study.
Fully native MSFS aircraft
- All models have been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native ‘Model Behaviors’ animations and built to MSFS operational specifications to prevent issues with future simulator upgrades.
- The DC Designs F-15 Eagles are fully compliant with MSFS native materials and make use of the new simulator’s features such as rain effects and sounds, fully reflective glass, native aerodynamic sound structures, the new ‘Modern’ aerodynamics system with the ability to provoke ‘departure spins’, and customised visibility controls for wheel chocks, covers, GPU and guard.
- The F-15 Eagles also contain custom-built and animated effects such as G-vapor, afterburners, and custom-modelled Head-Up Displays.
- Other features include authentic night lighting which includes user-operated ‘slime lights’ for combat operations and custom-coded air-intake animations based on aircraft airspeed and angle-of-attack.
- Numerous external animations including canopy, crew ladders, tail hook and control surfaces.
- The F-15 Eagles are also fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets.
- Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing, each matching the respective variants
- Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- Working rear-view mirrors
- ‘Scratched canopy’ glass effects, reflective glass
- Crew figures in the virtual cockpit are coded to disappear when you occupy their seats
- Front and rear cockpit positions included in all twin-seat variants
- 3D modelled dials, ADI, ‘whiskey’ compass and other high-detail instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real F-15 Eagles
- MFDs with visual layouts based on the real aircraft systems
- Head-Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F-15 Eagle variants
- Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via the simulator Payload Manager, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hardpoints with active weight increase.
- 493rd FS based at RAF Lakenheath
- 173rd Fighter Wing, Oregon Air National Guard
- 144th Fighter Wing, California Air National Guard
- 1st Tactical Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Virginia
- 493rd FS based at RAF Lakenheath
- 336th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina
- 391st Fighter Squadron, ‘Bold Tigers’, Mountain Home AFB
- 391st Fighter Squadron, ‘Tiger Meet’ 2005
- N 69 Squadron ‘Patishim’ (Hammers)
A Paint Kit is also included.
A full operations manual is included.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (i.e. the 2020 Standard, Deluxe or Premium Deluxe edition of Flight Simulator – NOT FSX or any previous edition)
- Processor: Intel i5-4460 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (Intel i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X recommended)
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB recommended)
- Graphics card: nVidia GTX 770 / AMD Radeon RX 570 (nVidia GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 590 recommended)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Sound: Sound card, speakers, or headset
- Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or compatible game controller (Xbox One Controller for Windows)
- 1.6 GB hard drive space
Note: Ensure you set the Flight Model option to ‘MODERN’ in the MSFS Options (OPTIONS > GENERAL > FLIGHT MODEL).
- Canopy Scratches too blocky – enhanced
- Windscreen tint for HUD visibility against bright sky obscures night flying – removed until a better solution can be found
- Touchdown sounds missing from sound pack – fixed
- Doubled HDG bug in HSI ( F-15 C/D ) – removed
- Fuel flow needle “twirling” at start-up ( F-15 C/D ) – fixed
- MFD nozzle position graphic for F-15 E/I correction
- Transponder knobs not animating – fixed
- Canopy jettison handle too large, corrected
- Oil temperature gauge needles corrected
- Viewpoint too low, corrected
- Rain flowing wrong way on F-15C canopy – fixed
- F15 C/D nozzle needles INOP – fixed
- Navigation light colours – corrected
- Panel folders XML general errors and typos – fixed
- Internal screens enhanced for improved performance (FPS)
- ACES II ejection seat pan and harness textures enhanced
- Exterior and interior models on all variants now separated to conform to MSFS method of separate cockpit and external models
- Taxi light and switch added (forward left-side panel, marked “taxi light”)
- Landing light and taxi lights now emissive on external model
- Landing and taxi lights illuminate ground ahead of aircraft when in cockpit
- Mirrors can be switched off to avoid excessive sun glare (switch on right hand side panel marked “mirrors”, off by default)
- Extra LOD models added to conform more closely to MSFS standards for PC and X-Box
- General texturing and PBR enhancements
(With thanks as always to CodenameJack447, SilentG37 and SeverusAviation for their continued assistance on engines, aerodynamics and spotting errors in my coding :))
- HUD power switch is off by default (located below HUD, marked as “on” and “off”, switch tagged as “HUD Power”) Same for mirror switch
- MSFS new center of gravity system; check MAC % before flight to ensure centrt of balance is correct (hopefully fixed by Asobo soon)
- HUD text still hard to see against bright clouds / sky. Windshield tinting was generally unpopular as a fix, so seeking a new solution to this issue.
- Pilots’ heads no longer animated due to separate interior / exterior models. Will see if this animation can be returned after further investigation
- TAA mode still tears all and any projected-gauge displays. This is a current limitation within MSFS, and at this time Asobo have not issued a fix.
- Inoperable COM/NAV transceiver/receiver tuning dials in the F-15D variation fixed.
- HUD display and several screens converted to HTML format for increased performance and Sim Update 5 compatibility.
- Added navigation screens in F-15E/I to enhance complex navigation routines.
- Added animated drums for fuel content and altimeter to reduce reliance on projected displays and improve performance
- Added interior crew who disappear based on which seat the user is occupying
- Fixed crew animations
- Improved LOD implementation
- New LOD models
- Improved LOD implementation
- Tyre smoke effects added
- Contrails effects added
- Enhanced autopilot suite for advanced navigation routines
- Greater cockpit functionality
- Cockpit pilot figures code enhanced for station-weight visibility for custom camera views
- Generator switches corrected
- Emergency Sim Update 7 fixes for HUD and display screens
- Added wing-tip contrail effects
- Added HUD / screen dimmer knob
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.