The DC-3 was always the aircraft that manufacturers wanted to replace with something better and more modern but the DC-3 performed so well that a viable replacement wasn’t easy to produce – hence the saying, “The only aircraft to replace a DC-3 is another DC-3.”
This fantastic package features the Douglas DC-3 in seven classic airline liveries, as well as two USAAF C-47 transports and an RAF Dakota. Also included are the AC-47 gunship, which saw service in the Vietnam war, and a fully flyable Waco CG-4A glider!
The aircraft exteriors and virtual cockpits are all modelled to the highest level of detail, and civilian passenger cabins and military cargo holds are modelled with appropriate animations – suitably dressed stewardesses and crew vehicles for the airliners, and cargo and troops in the military transports.
Fly the many variants of a true Legend of Flight!
- Fully detailed Pratt & Whitney and Wright Cyclone radial engines with detailed ignition systems, pushrods etc.
- Animations include doors, access panels, correct cowl flap operation (rubber spacers between vanes) and many more
- Reflective, bump and specular effects for realistic metal, fabric and riveted surfaces
- High quality sound set
- Superb detail throughout – undercarriage detail, ‘block’ tread on tyres, mini-guns in the AC-47 gunships
- Custom flight dynamics
- Comprehensive manual
- Layered paint kit for the DC-3 and C-47
- Special effects including engine start-up smoke and exhaust flames
- Checklists and Reference files
The DC-3 Virtual Cockpits come with fully detailed interior cabins, featuring a hostess figure is in the doorway of the exterior model and a passenger in the interior. A boarding ladder is provided for the converted C-47 versions with the military-type doors, and the other DC-3s have drop-down doors with integral steps and animated hand-holds.
Models feature the correct passenger/cargo door variations that featured on the aircraft in different airlines.
- Capital Airlines
- American Airlines ‘Knoxville’
- British European Airways (BEA)
- Cambrian Airways
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines (USA)
- C-47 Transport – ‘Argonia’ 94th TCS – D8 – lead ship for first wave, 6th June 1944 (Parachute ops with troops aboard)
- C-47 Transport – ‘Argonia’ D8 – US Army Payload (Willis Jeep and troops aboard)
- RAF Dakota – YS as flown by Flt. Lt. D.S.A. Lord VC (with cargo load)
- AC-47 Gunship – ‘Puff’ – Silver and white scheme
- Flyable Waco CG-4A glider – Normandy 527848
The C-47 transports come with complete, accurate interiors containing fully modelled fit-outs for parachute ops, a Radio/Navigation station and a fully detailed functional Virtual Cockpit. Two Airborne troop figures are included along with a detailed Willis jeep.
The AC47 Gunship has accurately modelled mini-guns fitted to the fuselage and doorways and the VC has the correct gun-sight adaption in the pilot’s side window and a gun operation panel. The VC view includes a detailed interior including a gunner.
The Waco glider comes with two military pilots and a fully functional VC for flying independently in tow mode with the correct release mechanism and handles for the tow rope. The nose of the glider swings open for cargo loading.
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, SP2 and DX10 Preview compatible)
- 3.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 1.0Gb RAM
- 256Mb graphics card
- Windows 7, Vista or XP
- 1.0Gb hard drive space