This first-generation light bomber was manufactured in large numbers during the 1950s and set a number of speed and altitude records. Its adaptability meant that the aircraft also served in tactical bombing and photographic and electronic reconnaissance roles in conflicts on several continents.
This Canberra PR9 (Photo-Reconnaissance) variant is modeled in exceptional detail and features a true 3D cockpit with fully functional custom-coded fuel, electrical, fire detection and hydraulics systems.
High Definition textures are used throughout and a flight monitoring system is included, along with stereo cockpit sounds, authentic autopilot, custom GPS, interactive checklists for every phase of flight, accurate night lighting and numerous perfectly replicated animations.
- Accurately modeled using real-world aircraft plans
- Numerous animations including canopy, navigator hatch, pilot ladder, ground power units, chocks and retractable landing light
- Accurately animated control surfaces including ailerons, flaps, tail-plane, elevators and three-position airbrakes
- 2048×2048 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Functioning flare bay doors
- Accurately modeled Rolls-Royce Avon Mk 206 engines including inlet guide vanes (IGVs)
- Bump and specular mapping use throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Signature landing gear configuration with low-position nose-gear is faithfully modeled and animated using real-world extension/retraction times
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to the cables and piping – every instrument is fully constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- Every switch, knob and gauge is functional
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Highly detailed ejection seat
- Comprehensive and fully functioning communications and navigation fit:
- GMA340 – COM/NAV audio control unit with test mode and functioning marker lights
- SL30 – COM 2/NAV2 radio unit with functioning menu system and the ability to save/recall commonly used frequencies
- GTN650 – touchscreen GPS unit which can also be used to set aircraft fuel levels and control COM1 / NAV1
- Modern horizontal situation indicator (HSI)
- 2x GI-206 VOR gauges
- Authentic autopilot with track, glide, altitude, pitch and bank hold modes
- Functioning oxygen regulator panel – watch the oxygen quantities drop with usage!
- Interactive checklists for every stage of the flight
- Aircraft configuration system lets you choose between ‘cold & dark’, or ‘ready for take-off’
- Authentic night-lighting
- Accurately modeled and animated canopy with locking pins and handles
- Fully functioning magnetic indicators, warning lights and push-to-test buttons
- Over twelve 2D pop-up panels are included to provide easy access to cockpit controls and instruments, all accessible from an unobtrusive panel selector
- When resuming a saved flight, your previous panel state will be reloaded
- Click-spots for enabling useful functions such as automatic fuel management, autothrottle and trim reset
- No detail is too small – even the option to revert to the back-up gear indicator lights is functional!
Four authentic RAF color schemes, covering 13 Squadron, 39 Squadron and 58 Squadron:
- Realistic engine start simulation with accurate spool-up times. Each engine start will even drain power from the starter batteries!
- Custom-coded fuel system – belly tank, rear tank, top tanks and wing tanks are all simulated with functioning fuel pumps and transfer system. 2D pop-up panel provides an overview of the fuel system state.
- Custom-coded hydraulics system with functioning pumps and accumulators. Functional hand pump for use in the event of hydraulic failure
- Custom-coded electrical system with engine-driven generators, six inverters and three battery systems simulated (including emergency battery/avionics system)
- Fire detection and extinguisher system
- Two different aileron input sensitivity levels for use at high and low altitudes
- Functioning jet pipe temperature limiters with MAX and CRZ (cruise) settings
- Stereo cockpit sounds
- Flight monitoring system lets you review parameters from your flight including G-Force, fuel consumption, distance travelled and speed
- Frame rate friendly
- Comprehensive 170-page colour PDF manual with panel guide
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required), FSX:SE or Prepar3D v1, v2, v3, v4, v5
- 2.0 GHz or any Dual Core
- 2.0 GB RAM
- 51 2MB graphics card
- Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 960 MB hard drive space
Updated in Version 3.2
- Further improvements to engine start logic
- Improved panel state system. The panel state will be automatically saved whenever a flight is saved and reloaded when that flight is loaded.
- Generator warning lights – fixed
- Top to belly tank transfer system – fixed
Read the FlightSim.Com review