The Phantom was formally introduced to the public at the 1934 National Air Races where, it would be safe to say, caused a near panic with race goers with its style and innovations. It received its type certificate number 552 on 8-18-34. The all metal framework was unusually tough enough to withstand the stress of amateur aerobatics, but its intent was not for that purpose but to be a “let’s-go-somewhere-fast” airplane powered by the 7 cylinder Warner “Super Scarab” series 50 engine producing 145 h.p. which provided for sea level maximum speeds of 168 m.p.h, cruising at 143 m.p.h.
This was an all metal high-winged cabin monoplane with side to side seating for two. The all metal “stressed-skin” fuselage offered strength, reliability and practically no maintenance. The rest of the aircraft was all metal as well. “No wood, no nails, no glue!” The Phantom represented a milestone in light aircraft manufacturing and brought the name Luscombe to prominence and high regard among private-owner market, which remains to this day.
Our representation of this iconic aircraft is fully animated with tool tips active in the VC cockpit for all animated parts. It is fully compatible with all versions of FSX and P3D.
Our Package Includes
- High quality, fully animated 3D models representing land, and float plane options
- Fully modeled detailed Warner “Super Scarab” engine
- High resolution (4096 x 4096) textures
- Fully animated VC cockpit with VC cockpit shadowing and smooth 3D modeled gauges
- VC cockpit custom sound package
- Volumetric propeller textures
- High fidelity sound files
- Precision flight dynamics
- Fully animated pilot figures
- Paint kit
- Custom installer for FSX, FSX SE and P3D Versions 1 – 4
- Windows Vista/7/8/10 (32 or 64 bits)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed, Lockheed Martin – Prepar3D Flight Simulator Versions 1 – 4, or FSX Steam Edition
- Pentium V/2 GHz or similar – 2 GB RAM – 512 MB graphics card
- 4.5 GB hard drive space
Technical Support: [email protected]