Meet the first – and last – pushback system you’ll ever need for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator!
Simple and elegant with no need for complex manuals, Pushback Express meets all your pushback requirements – present and future!
From a wide choice of international voice sets to the ability to self-drive the tug so you can perform a custom route, Pushback Express does it all!
So say good-bye to the clunky default pushback system in Flight Simulator and say hello to a new level of realism!
Say hello to Pushback Express!
- Microsoft Fight Simulator (2020). Microsoft and Steam versions supported.
REQUIREMENTS TO USE OPTIONAL VOICE CONTROL INTERFACE OPTION
- The following Windows Speech Recognition languages are supported: ENGLISH (UNITED STATES, UNITED KINGDOM, AUSTRALIA), FRENCH, GERMAN and SPANISH.
- Automated or manual Ground Service Vehicle operations (Fuel Truck, Catering Truck, Baggage Loader, Ground Power Truck)
- Three interface methods: VOICE CONTROL, MENU CONTROL and HOTKEYS.
- Three pushback modes: RUDDER CONTROL, WINDOW BUTTONS and DISTANCE.
- Option to steer the tug manually (essentially, create your own custom route).
- Works with any type of aircraft (Airline to GA).
- Ability to “Push and Pull” the aircraft to the desired spot.
- Towing (requires users to steer the tug).
- Pre-flight events with automatic jetway/door control.
- Works at all airports.
- International voice sets.
- Built in tool-tips makes learning the software super easy.
- And more!
- Version 1.0 uses the stock pushback tug. As Asobo develops the SDKs, we will incorporate our own vehicle and human models as soon as it is technically possible. We expect it will take Asobo another full year before the SDKs are ready for custom models.
INTERNATIONAL VOICE SETS FOR GROUND CREW AND PILOT VOICES
- Italian (English accented and pure Italian options)
- Dutch (English accented and pure Dutch options)
- Eastern European Region (English accented only)
- More will be added!
Note: German, French and Spanish voices feature two options:
Option 1. Native language support (example: German spoken in German, French spoken in French and Spanish spoken in Spanish)
Option 2. English but with local accents.
ATTENTION PUSHBACK EXPRESS V1 CUSTOMERS
If you bought the earlier version of Pushback Express from this store you are eligible to get this updated version at no cost. Based on your purchase records, the list price will be automatically reduced to $0.00. You will still need to buy this v2 version to get updated but there will be no charge for it at checkout.
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The primary change in V1.2 is the inclusion of free Voice Control.
The following languages are supported in Voice Control:
- English US, UK and AU
New Voice Control interface option
Major feature added – support for the MSFS ground service vehicles.
- New ground service vehicle available for control: The Air Stairs! Note, air stairs must be visible in your parking area. Note that we cannot currently control the length of time the stairs are attached to the aircraft. We’re hoping Asobo will improve that soon.
- New Voice sets: Italian, Dutch, Eastern European Region
Important! If using VOICE CONTROL with Italian or Dutch selected, you need to speak in English, but the ramper will still respond in native Dutch or Italian. This is because Windows does not support Italian or Dutch for speech recognition.
If using MENU CONTROL, then everything is pure Dutch or Italian.
- Removed the “GEAR DOWN” hotkey used to re-open the panel as it could cause problems (namely, the PBE buttons would become inop) with users who have buttons/sliders assigned to the gear down event in MSFS. What would happen is the user’s hardware could send a “gear down” sign every second, causing a conflict since we used the Gear Down event as a trigger to open and focus the panel window. That said, if using a single monitor, we recommend simply keeping the panel “locked” in the open state (via the checkbox on the Settings pane), but double clicking on top of the menu to collapse the panel to save screen space.
- Laid the groundwork for upcoming improvements owing to new functionality recently added to the MSFS SDKs.
- New Voice set! RUSSIA: Only pure Russian is available. There is no English version, so you must be able to understand Russian!
- Removed the “SIMCONNECT.CFG” from the installer as it could induce CTDs and other undesired behavior for some users. If you are updating to V1.7, please manually delete “Simconnect.cfg” from your PBE folder if it is still present.
- New hotkey for opening the PBE panel if LOCK PANEL is ‘unchecked’ on the Settings Panel and if the panel is minimized. By default, PBE uses the “D” key for this new hotkey. You can manually change that assignment via the PBE Settings XML file in Appdata.C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew Pushback Express\Pushback_Express_Data.xml<ShowMainWinKey>D</ShowMainWinKey>
- Window Transparency option added to the Settings Panel. Some people liked the transparent main window. Some didn’t. Now you have a choice.
- Main Panel re-arranged to take up less space.
- When exiting PBE, users will no longer be asked to confirm the exit.
- Corrects an issue that could affect the parking brake in the MSFS Aerosoft CRJ at the end of pushback.
- Hotkeys can be assigned directly via the Settings Panel.
1. Support for latest development version of the FBW A32NX (they recently changed their parking brake lever code). If using PBE and the FBW, you are now required to use the development version of the FBW A32NX.
If you don’t have that plane, go get it. It’s free and it’s the best Airbus out there for MSFS: https://flybywiresim.com/
2. Pushback Procedure changed! We can now have the tug “pre-connect” to the aircraft, making your experience much more realistic.
However, this necessitated a procedural change. Now, in button and voice control, tell the ramp crew that you’ll be ready in a few minutes via voice or button control.
The tug will connect to the aircraft and hold position. Then when you’re ready to push, you’ll tell the ramp crew you’re ready to start the pushback and the tug crew will tell you to release brakes.
This is procedurally much more realistic than the previous versions, where the ramp agents would tell you to release the parking brakes well before the tug had arrived.
The manuals are in the zip file, but you can also access them here:
3. New! Voice Control feature – “Voice Command Helper”. This new system displays on screen what you need to say -and when- if using voice control.
The benefit is you no longer need to reference a manual or memorize voice phrases.
Supports English, French, German and Spanish text.
This is actually one of V2.1’s best new features!
4. New! On-line map! Click the new Globe icon on the Main Panel.
5. New! We’ve double the resolution of the panels, making that look vastly sharper and crisper. We’ve also improved the panel layout.
6. New! Night lighting option and panel opacity slider.
7. PBE will now “auto close” after completing your pushback.
8. New Push-to-Talk trigger option. In addition to using a hotkey or having an open mic, you can now use your mouse button to press the Push-to-Talk key. Left click and hold over the new microphone icon.
9. Collapse panel code updated to account for users with non standard resolutions.
10. Usage tips updated (remember, you can turn them off. Once you know the system, you don’t need them. It’s just for learners).
11. PBE will now auto detect if Nahamic or Asus Sound Studio is running the background, and issue a warning if detected.
12. Speech recognition support for users with their speech recognizer set to Australia improved.
Command Center updated.