McCarran International Airport, renamed Harry Reid International Airport in Feb. 2021 (IATA: LAS, ICAO: KLAS, FAA LID: LAS).
Las Vegas X-Plane Scenery has four runways and two passenger terminals.
In February 2021, the Clark County Commission unanimously approved the renaming of McCarran International Airport to Harry Reid International Airport, after the retired Nevada senator.
- SAM animated jetways (SAM 3 is required-free)
- High Resolution edited USGS orthophoto covering the airport, the Las Vegas strip and surrounding area
- Custom terrain mesh
- Custom lighting
- Custom ground textures with specular reflections
- Custom ground lines, runway markings, and detail textures.
- High quality PBR building textures with night lighting
- Requires X-Plane 11.53 or newer version
- Free SAM plugin is required for the animated gates
Installation Information – Please Read
This package contains two folders that need to be installed for the scenery to load properly.
One folder, “Feelthere_KLAS_Airport”, is the main scenery folder containing the buildings and textures.The second folder, “Feelthere_KLAS_Mesh”, contains the updated terrain around T3 to accompany the scenery.
- Place both folders into the Xplane Custom Scenery folder as usual.
- Run X-Plane until it loads the first screen and you see start/new flight, and then close the game.
- Open the scenery_packs.ini file inside the custom scenery folder and move ‘Feelthere_KLAS_Mesh’ to the bottom of the file, then save this file.
- If KLAS_Mesh is not at the bottom, the Las Vegas strip buildings will not appear.
- SAM 3 (Scenery Animation Manager) is required for the scenery to load properly, and also to animate the jetways.
- SAM 3 Suite can be downloaded for free from many X-Plane add-on websites.
- Once installed, run Sam Suite and within the program download the “SAM BASE PLUGIN”. This will install the textures for the jetways.
- There is no requirement to purchase World Jetways from within the SAM Suite. This only animates default airport gates.
Our jetways have already been configured so no other add-on is required.
- If another add-on KLAS scenery is present in your Custom Scenery folder, please disable the scenery (not uninstall) for this one to load properly.
- For those running the World Traffic 3 add-on, please make sure to remove any other KLAS add-on airports that you may have previously installed.
- If not done, the starting positions for static aircraft may appear in the wrong locations. (inside buildings etc)
- The data to remove if having issues is inside the WT3 storage file and is unrelated to this installation.
Available Only As Download
Like all products in the FlightSim.Com Store, this one is available only as a download. We do not offer anything on CD or other media and nothing will be mailed to you. You can download immediately upon purchase and again at any time by going to the “My Account” section of the store.