Warsaw City X is a sophisticated scenery package, featuring a highly detailed scenery of Warsaw city in Poland with surrounding airports. This product is compatible with FSX and Prepar3D.
Warsaw is the capital and the largest city of Poland. It is located on the Vistula (Wisła) River, roughly 260 kilometers (160 mi) from the Baltic Sea and 300 kilometers (190 mi) from the Carpathian Mountains. Its population is estimated at 1,708,491 residents within a greater metropolitan area of 2,666,278 residents, making Warsaw the 9th most populous city proper in the European Union. The area of the city covers 516.9 square kilometers (199.6 sq mi), while the city’s agglomeration covers 6,100.43 square kilometers (2,355.39 sq mi). Warsaw is a major international tourist destination and an important economic hub in Central Europe. It is also known as the “phoenix city” because it has survived many wars throughout its history. Most notably, the city had to be painstakingly rebuilt after the extensive damage it suffered from World War II, during which 85% of its buildings were destroyed.
Our product, Warsaw City X, gives you a possibility to fly over an extremely large area of Warsaw city. We have included a high quality photoreal ground textures of about 5000 square kilometers. The city centre has hundreds of custom buildings modeled, there are all VFR important landmarks on the whole included area too. We have also created 13 variously detailed airports and heliports for the project:
- Modlin EPMO – a base for low-cost carriers, with 2500m concrete runway and a modern terminal
- Babice EPBC – the largest GA airport in Poland with a massive traffic and a 1300m concrete runway, located close to the center of the city
- Chrcynno/Nasielsk EPNC – one of the oldest airports around Warsaw, currently being used by ultralights, paragliders and skydivers
- Sobienie EPSJ – a modern, private airstrip constructed as a part of a luxury housing estate and a golf course
- Góraszka EPGO – constructed in 1994; International Air Picnics were organized at that airport for many years. Unfortunately this airport will be replaced by a shopping mall soon.
- Konstancin-Jeziorna – a private airport owned by an aircraft dealing company
- Konstancin Heliport – a private, nicely located modern heliport with a hangar for two Robinsons
- Ręczaje (lite) – a small private grass runway with one tiny hangar
- Kroczewo (lite) – a former military airport – currently used by private ultralights and paragliders
- Trębki Nowe (lite) – a small grass runway next to a farm, used by paragliders; very close to Kroczewo airport
- Wincentów 1 (lite) – an unregistered private airport, used mainly by paragliders and ultralight trikes
- Wincentów 2 (lite) – an unregistered private airport, used mainly by paragliders and ultralight trikes, very close to Wincentów 1
- Żabia Wola (lite) – 440m grass runway surrounded by trees, difficult final approach with a lot of turbulences
- 13 airports in total – from a tiny heliport to an international airport
- 5000 sq km photorealistic (1m/pix), up-to-date area of Warsaw city, perfect for IFR/VFR training
- Hundreds of photorealistic buildings including famous landmarks, bridges, stadiums etc.
- Additional POIs like hospitals, churches, fuel stations and all VFR points perfectly recognizable
- State-of-the-art, hand-made, extremely detailed autogen for the whole area
- The whole high voltage power line network with transformers, switches etc. (for VFR navigation)
- Road traffic on main streets and national roads
- Static aircraft, people, trains, vehicles and tons of other objects
- New, fully customized lighting implemented (2016 update)
- Fully automatic seasonal texture switching (SODE) (2016 update)
- EPMO P3Dv4 native ground poly with reflections and rain effect (2019 update)
- Custom-made charts of EPBC Babice and EPMO Modlin
- Compatible with all kind of mesh, landclass and vector add-ons
- Fully compatible with EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X
- Compatible with GSX and AES
Simply execute the installer. Please make sure that no duplicated AFCAD files are installed. The scenery will be automatically added to the Flight Simulator Scenery Library.
- EPMO and EPBC native p3dv4/v5 dynamic lighting
- General fixes
- P3D v5 compatibility