NY Airports v2 XP is a package of 3+3 airports located in New York metropolitan area (Tri-State Area) in United States of America.
John F. Kennedy International Airport (IATA: JFK, ICAO: KJFK, FAA LID: JFK) in the borough of Queens in New York City is owned by the City of New York and operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey under a long-term operating lease. It is about 12 miles (19 km) southeast of Lower Manhattan. It is the busiest international air passenger gateway in the United States, handling more international traffic than any other airport in North America. It is also the third-leading freight gateway to the country by value of shipments. In 2013, the airport handled 50,423,765 passengers, making it the 17th busiest airport in the world and sixth busiest in the United States by passenger traffic. Together, JFK International, LaGuardia, and Newark Liberty airports are the largest airport system in the world by total flight operations.
LaGuardia Airport (IATA: LGA, ICAO: KLGA, FAA LID: LGA) is an airport in the northern part of the New York City borough of Queens. The airport is a hub for Delta Air Lines and a focus city for American Airlines and regional affiliate American Eagle. LaGuardia is the busiest airport in the United States without any non-stop service to Europe. A perimeter rule prohibits nonstop flights to or from points beyond 1,500 statute miles (2,400 km). LaGuardia Airport is represented in our product as it is expected to look after a major construction work is completed. The model is based on visualization provided by The Port Authority of NY & NJ on July 12, 2016. A custom-made chart is included for this airport.
Teterboro Airport (IATA: TEB, ICAO: KTEB, FAA LID: TEB) is a general aviation relief airport in the boroughs of Teterboro, Moonachie, and Hasbrouck Heights in Bergen County, New Jersey. The airport has a weight limit of 100,000 pounds (45,000 kg) on aircraft meant to make it nonviable as a commercial airport. Teterboro Airport is the oldest operating airport in the New York City area. Walter C. Teter (1863–1929) acquired the property in 1917. Teterboro is home to many private aviation charter companies that fly nationally and globally. In April 2009 the FAA reported that the airport had the third highest rate of wildlife strikes of any airport in the United States based on takeoffs and landings (43 per 100,000).
For manual install please refer to “Mac and Linux manual install” files attached to the product. They provide a detailed instruction on the manual install of the product. The automatic (Windows only) install requires only to remove conflicting products from the sim. Before proceeding with the manual install it is required to uninstall any previous versions of the included airports you may have installed before (including New York Airports v1).
- The most complete, affordable and performance-friendly package ever created for New York metropolitan area and the largest airport system in the world
- High quality, performance-wise optimized airports with the most up-to-date layouts
- HDR lighting and custom lighting including Canarsie visual approach
- Custom navaids for all airports
- HQ static aircraft, reflections, animated vehicles, 3D people, custom mesh, AI ATC and AI traffic compatibility
- Futuristic version of KLGA LaGuardia
- NY Airports v2 XP is compatible with NY City XP by Drzewiecki Design (v1.6 and higher).
- This product is NOT compatible with New York Airports v1 which has to be removed.
Changes In Version 2 Include:
- Much better visuals
- 100% of objects re-exported
- new ground polygons with better textures
- new aerial images
- better detail objects (ground service vehicles, cars, people)
- animated objects
- Performance up to 200% higher than in v1
- Extensive LODs
- Custom shadows
- Lights done from scratch
- All models re-exported and highly optimized
- All textures compiled to 4096pix sheets
- Ground polygons highly optimized
- New, optional static aircraft
- Updated layouts (aprons, taxiways, markings etc.)
- Full compatibility with XP10 and XP11
- Support for XP11 native features like reflections, ATC, AI traffic, animated vehicles
- Futuristic version of LaGuardia with a custom chart
- 218+ Install Procedure implemented
Changes I Version 2.1 Include
- Reworked ATC default traffic routes
- Navaids now correctly added into both XP10 and XP11
- Upgraded installer