NY Airports v2 XP is a package of 3+3 airports located in New York metropolitan area (Tri-State Area) in United States of America.
Newark Liberty International Airport (IATA: EWR, ICAO: KEWR, FAA LID: EWR), originally named Newark Metropolitan Airport and later Newark International Airport, is an international airport which straddles the municipal boundary between Newark and Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States. The airport is owned by the city of Newark and operated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. It is about 15 miles (24 km) southwest of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. Newark Airport was the first major airport in the United States and is the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area’s busiest in terms of flights.
Essex County Airport (IATA: CDW, ICAO: KCDW, FAA LID: CDW), informally “Caldwell Airport”, is a public use airport located in Fairfield Township, Essex County, New Jersey. It is owned by the Essex County Improvement Authority. This facility is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport. The airport gained national attention when John F. Kennedy, Jr., who based his private aircraft there, crashed hours after departing the airport en route for Martha’s Vineyard Airport with his wife and sister-in-law on July 16, 1999.
Linden Airport (IATA: LDJ, ICAO: KLDJ, FAA LID: LDJ) is a general aviation reliever airport. The airport is the only non-towered (no control tower) airport in the New York City metro area. Its close proximity to New York City and relatively light air traffic makes it an ideal location for basing news helicopters for New York’s news channels. The airport is home to many sightseeing and commuter helicopters that fill the skies over New York.
For manual install please refer to “Mac and Linux manual install” files attached to the product. They provide a detailed instruction on the manual install of the product. The automatic (Windows only) install requires only to remove conflicting products from the sim. Before proceeding with the manual install it is required to uninstall any previous versions of the included airports you may have installed before (including New York Airports v1).
- The most complete, affordable and performance-friendly package ever created for New York metropolitan area and the largest airport system in the world
- High quality, performance-wise optimized airports with the most up-to-date layouts
- HDR lighting and custom lighting
- Custom navaids for all airports
- HQ static aircraft, reflections, animated vehicles, 3D people, custom mesh, AI ATC and AI traffic compatibility
- NY Airports v2 XP is compatible with NY City XP by Drzewiecki Design (v1.6 and higher).
- This product is NOT compatible with New York Airports v1 which has to be removed.
Changes In Version 2 Include:
- Much better visuals
- 100% of objects re-exported
- new ground polygons with better textures
- new aerial images
- better detail objects (ground service vehicles, cars, people)
- animated objects
- Performance up to 200% higher than in v1
- Extensive LODs
- Custom shadows
- Lights done from scratch
- All models re-exported and highly optimized
- All textures compiled to 4096pix sheets
- Ground polygons highly optimized
- New, optional static aircraft
- Updated layouts (aprons, taxiways, markings etc.)
- Full compatibility with XP10 and XP11
- Support for XP11 native features like reflections, ATC, AI traffic, animated vehicles
- 218+ Install Procedure implemented
Changes In Version 2.1 Include
- Navaids now correctly added into both XP10 and XP11
- Upgraded installer