Combine with Chicago Airports X for an ever better Chicago experience!
Chicago City X has been developed to provide the immersion into the cityscape of Chicago at a level never seen before. Keeping in mind a unique role the city has played in the flight sim community for many years, we have decided to put special attention not only to the greatest landmarks but to every downtown building. You will find details such as restaurants, rooftop cranes, balconies, swimming pools… Buildings have exact shapes, reflections, night textures. Feel free to explore the area finding various details: why not checking out a thrilling view from the Skydeck or performing a high-speed slalom between the masts of hundreds of yachts in the marina? The product is fully VFR-capable. You will find everything you need for visual approaches to any of Chicago airports or just GA/heli scenic flying. This product does not include any airports but creates a perfect combo with Chicago Airports X by Drzewiecki Design. Chicago City X is a unique experience and definitely one of the most detailed city sceneries ever created for flight simulator.
Chicago is the most populous city in Illinois. With an estimated population of almost 3 million, it is the third most populous city in the United States after New York and Los Angeles. The metropolitan area, at nearly 10 million people, is the third largest metropolitan area in the world by land area.
Chicago is an international hub for finance, culture, commerce, industry, technology, telecommunications, and transportation. It is the site of the creation of the first standardized futures contracts at the Chicago Board of Trade, which today is the largest and most diverse derivatives market globally, generating 20% of all volume in commodities and financial futures. O’Hare International Airport is the one of the busiest airports in the world, and the region also has the largest number of U.S. highways and greatest amount of railroad freight.
The product will be automatically added to the Flight Simulator Scenery Library. Our installer provides you additional optional features during install. To select different options, simply run the installer again. Uninstall instructions are provided in the manual.
- Chicago, Illinois scenery with over a thousand highly detailed custom-made buildings including the whole downtown in 3D plus other landmarks, bridges, stadiums, harbors/marinas, trains and other objects.
- Large scenery area (Highland Park – Schaumburg – Oak Lawn) with night and seasonal (summer/winter) textures, a detailed autogen, custom and SRTM mesh as well as multiple heliports.
- Highly advanced performance-friendly design, numerous optimization techniques used, the Lite Texture Pack provided.
Chicago City X is compatible with Chicago Airports X by Drzewiecki Design, all ORBX products, all PILOT’S products and all Megascenery products. It is also expected to be compatible with most other airport add-ons from the area.
Changes In V1.1
- 15 heliports added (with a chart)
- ~200 Gold Coast buildings added
- Numerous landmarks added
- Trains in 17 railyards added
- Night textures enhanced
- Orbx compatibility fixes
- Minor autogen, texture, mesh, installer fixes