Enter Boston’s buzzing airspace with a wide choice of aviation options. New England`s largest city has plenty of helipads within its boundaries, some nice rural general aviation airports surrounding it and last but not least: Boston Logan.
No other US airport of this size it that close to a major city center – thrilling and scenic approaches guaranteed! From there head out to Boston Harbor`s islands or fly along the magnificent coastline dotted with some of the most attractive homes in New England.
US Cities X is a series of city scenery for FSX that covers US cities created by LimeSim. Based on an extensive aerial image it will have all the major buildings and landmarks plus all the airports and heliports that are inside the covered areas. It is clearly intended to fill the gap between the default scenery and very high dense city scenery such as Manhattan X. Because the file size is rather large due to the ground image it only includes one season (in most cases this is not a real issue) and no night textures. The VFR flights over these cities are mostly a day time affair anyway.
- Detailed 3D renderings of the city center covered by more than 4,000 major buildings
- Aerial image coverage with up to 20cm/pix resolution
- 351,369 autogen objects placed realistically!
- An incredible 1m / 3ft resolution elevation model / mesh terrain
- 9 Helipads:
- Massachusetts General Hospital Heliport
- New England Medical Center
- Boston City Hospital Heliport
- Brigham and Women`s Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Herb Chambers
- Rent-A-Tool Heliport
- Lynn Aviation Plant
- Thacher Island Helipad
- Major airports in and around the city are covered with new high res ground images with customized mesh terrain:
- KBOS Boston Logan Intl
- KBED Bedford Hanscom
- KBVY Beverly
- KOWD Norwood
- NZW South Weymouth NAS (closed)
- Sound effects like downtown and highway traffic and animated gulls
- Animated ships and boats in Boston Harbor
- Traffic on most major roads (optional)
- Low price, very good value for money!
- Includes a separate Scenery Density Tool, which makes this highly detailed scenery enjoyable on slower systems as well!
- Bonus: Full rendering of Thacher Island and its helipad!
- XP (SP2)
- Flight Simulator
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X DVD Version (FSX)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition (FSXSE)
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2, v3, v4, v5
- Dual Core Processor with 2.66 GHz or faster
- Min. 4096 MB RAM
- 3D graphics card with at least 1024 MB
- Download Size: 4.5 GB
- Installation Size: 5 GB