Twentynine Palms (formerly known as Twenty-Nine Palms) was named for the palm trees found there in 1852 by Col. Henry Washington.Located in the Mojave Desert, California, dry climate, palm trees, shrubs and sand as far as the eye can see characterize Twentynine Palms Airport and its vicinity.
Twentynine Palms Airport is the first project of our scenery development company 29Palms Scenery Design and JaraNet for X-Plane 11. Twentynine Palms was actually our first project a few years back for FSX. It didn’t reach the final stage of development. But we’ve learned a lot and decided to bring the project back to life which resulted in the release of this scenery.
We’ve set a whole new level of detail and realism with this scenery, based on many references from the real airport. Along with a huge library of high quality 3D objects, the software forms the basis for all prospective 29Palms sceneries. Covering over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery, the scenery provides a lot to explore.
What are you waiting for? Pick one of the big hubs and head over to Twentynine Palms. The desert awaits you!
- Highly detailed rendition of Twentynine Palms Airport (KTNP), California
- Complete coverage of over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.25-0.6m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on lots of 3D objects by “texture baking”
- X-Plane 11 HDR Lights
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px)
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by “baked lighting”
- Over 100.000 hand-placed and custom made vegetation objects
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Animated car traffic
- Numerous custom made static objects and aircraft around the airport
- Compatible with HD-Mesh V3 by Andras Fabian (please read the “X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v3” chapter in the manual)
- Excellent performance with high frame rates due to optimizations
System requirements (minimum):
- X-Plane 11
- Windows 7/8/10, OS X version 10.6.8 or later, Linux Ubuntu 12.04LTS or compatible
- 3 GHz, multi-core CPU (or, even better, multiple processors)
- 8 GB RAM
- 3D graphics card with 2GB of on-board, dedicated VRAM
- Download Size: 420 MB
- Installation Size: 920 MB