Up high in the Northern Atlantic Ocean, between Iceland, Norway, and Great Britain, lie the Faroe Islands – an archipelago of 18 islands. Here, helicopters are important for traffic in areas that buses and ferries do not reach, while visitors from abroad arrive at Vágar Airport.
The scenery Faroe Islands XP now recreates the entire archipelago for X-Plane 11 – Maps2XPlane have developed the terrain mesh of Faroes4XPlane, while Albert Ràfols has contributed the airport Vágar and the helipads.
Thanks to seasonal adaptations the high-resolution terrain mesh always perfectly fits the current time of year, while the autogen has been realised in a uniquely Faroese style by both designers. In addition, there are hundreds of custom objects, 3D vegetation, and night lighting.
Virtual pilots can approach Vágar Airport (FAE, EKVG) that mirrors its real-world counterpart to great detail – like the runway that is realistically sloped. The eight helipads spread over the islands are included in this scenery as well.
- Realistic recreation of the complete Faroe Islands with an area of about 1.400 km²
- High resolution terrain mesh with various texture sets for a seasonal representation
- Customized local terrain details, e.g. realistically sloped runway at the Vágar Airport
- Detailed rendition of the Vágar Airport and the eight helipads spread over the archipelago
- Faroese themed autogen, navigation obstacles and dynamic traffic on the islands
- Hundreds of custom objects with PBR materials, 3D vegetation, night lighting
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64 bit), Linux (64 bit) or macOS 10.10+
- CPU: Dual Core CPU with 3.2 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics card: 4 GB VRAM, DirectX 11
- Free disk space: 2.5 GB
- Download size: 1.2 GB
Main objectives of the update: vegetation, autogen, landmarks, harbors and marine traffic:
- Tree plantations and other sparse 3D vegetation all over the islands – with seasonal variations
- Extended autogen: Residential buildings with parking spots and gardens – with lots of tiny details
- More urban look for larger towns – by adding commercial and industrial buildings, and apartment blocks
- More generic objects: gas stations, bus stops, football pitches with night lighting, parking places and more
- Some unique landmarks to explore, and in addition lots of generic renditions of churches and lighthouses
- Piers and harbors populated with custom objects like cranes, containers, moored boats and ships
- Dynamic marine traffic: cargo vessels, cruise ferry, various fishing, sail and other boats
- added some previously missing power-line-segments (on land)
- added (over-water) power-line-segments between the islands
- placed dozens of additional church- and lighthouse-objects
- fixed the sea traffic network to avoid floating boats/ships