The basic fighter for most NATO countries for several decades, this aircraft deserved a place in FSX. For the last year Aerosoft has been working on a high detail model of this aircraft and now you will see the Fighting Falcon fly into the virtual world of FSX.
The F-16 Fighting Falcon is a multirole jet fighter build by General Dynamics for the US Air Force. The lightweight fighter became the ubiquitous fighter as it was exported to 25 nations and a record breaking production of over 4,400 aircraft. Updated every decade it remains the basic fighter for nations worldwide. Apart from being a very serious fighter it remains about the most enjoyable aircraft to fly with the superb maneuverability and power that allows vertical climbs. Visibility is unparalleled in the frameless bubble canopy. This enjoyment remains fully intact in FSX.
The Aerosoft version includes the most used versions in the highest possible detail. With close to half a million vertices it most likely is the most detailed aircraft ever designed for FSX. The realism of this product is great that parts of the product are sold to professional users and is used in the first stages of training of pilots in 3 countries. Where other internally developed aircraft try to merge all existing models into one ‘universal’ model, the F-16 was designed with pure realism in mind, down to the smallest detail each of the 21 models is as the real aircraft patrols the skies. In FSX the F-16 is a joy to fly, with the controllability of a light aircraft and capable of altitudes of 50.000 feet and speeds exceeding Mach1. It is extremely agile yet easy to control (it will fly where you point the nose) it allows you to explore the environment of FSX like never before.
- A, AM and C models
- General Electric F110-GE-100 and Pratt & Whitney F100-P-220 engines
- F-16C Block 50/52 Current and A MLU cockpits
- 21 different external models
- 21 different flight models
- 61 different liveries
- External loads
- AIM-120 AAMRAAM
- AIM-9 Sidewinder
- AIM-2000 IRIS-T
- GBU-12 Paveway II
- AGM-88A HARM
- External wing 370 tank
- Conformal fuselage tank
- AN/ALQ-131 ECM pod
- AN/ALQ-184 ECM pod
- External fuselage tank 300
- AN/AAQ-33 Sniper
- AN/AAQ-28 Litening
- AN/ASQ-213 HTS
- Countries covered
- Realistic (within FSX possibilities) Integrated Control Panel, Data Entry Display.
- Realistic (within FSX possibilities) Air target radar with tracking options
- Realistic (within FSX possibilities) Navigation display including terrain display
- Realistic Stores Management Screens
- Realistic Heads Up Display (actually sold for professional use)
Please note that this product is 100% focused on flying the F16 and none of the offensive and defensive systems are modeled (though the radar allows tracking AI aircraft). There are also no ground objects that appear when parking brakes are set, etc. Every last byte has been used to model the pure aircraft. So do not expect bombs that fall off, missiles that speed toward targets or ground power units.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP 2 or Acceleration)
- Windows XP/Vista with the latest Service Packs (XP recommended)
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (2x 2666 MHz) or equivalent (Core 2 Quad CPU recommended)
- 2 GB RAM
- DX9 Graphic Card with at least 256 MB (512 MB strongly recommended)
- Joystick/Throttle with programmable buttons highly recommended
- Download-Size: 700 MB
- Installations-Size: 2.8 GB