The English Electric Lightning is not an easy aircraft to fly. It’s complex and full of systems you must manage without the aid of modern electronics. Landing especially is hard as the landing speed is awfully high and there are many things you must check. Aircraft of this type are rare for flight simulators and we feel the Lightning fills a niche that needed filling.
The T5 training version is one of the very few supersonic aircraft with side by side seating. If you like your aircraft very fast and very loud this interceptor will be perfect for you!
- Four models and fourteen liveries
- Includes T5, T55 and T55K models
- Highly detailed and accurate modelling with special animations throughout
- All instruments are faithfully reproduced in 3D
- Advanced flight dynamics
- Choice of Firestreak or Redtop missiles (or none) (TacPack required)
- Cockpit ladder and array of ground equipment
- Customized taxi lights
- Arrester hooks, overwing tanks, ventral (gun) tank models included
- Multi-zoned dimmable cockpit lighting
- More realistic brake chute by use of additional coding
- Realistic in-flight refueling rate (refueling can take place when set parameters are reached to simplify the task for the less experienced fliers) (TacPack required)
- Wing to wing fuel transfer
- Aerosoft Sound Module that adds sound to switches, controls and events for a more immersive environment – Engine sounds recorded during ground runs at the LPG (Lightning Preservation Group)
- Navigation in Direct TACAN and ILS modes (VOR/TACAN conversion card included)
- Full Autopilot and Flight Director
- Radar showing coastlines, runways and/or air traffic (TacPack required)
- Many special effects including engine start, engine fires and day and night reheat etc.
- Ejection sequence (for when things go badly wrong)
- Extensive documentation with authentic Flight Reference Cards for Normal and Emergency procedures, and a set of Pilots notes all reproduced from the service Air Publications, and a manual to explain specific usages in the simulator
- TacPack compatible*
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2 or Acceleration) (FSX), or Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (FSX:SE), or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3
- Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Dual Core CPU with 3 GHz or faster (Quad Core CPU recommended)
- At least 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 3D graphics card with 512 MB VRAM (1 GB recommended), DirectX 9 compatible
- Download-Size: 340 MB
* TacPack is not part of this add-on and has to be bought separately.