Approach Airport Chania, named after the Crete resistance fighter “Ioannis Daskalogiannis”, now in Prepar3D! The international airport is located on the Akrotiri peninsula that is part of the island of Crete in southern Greece.
The scenery offers a highly realistic flight experience thanks to high-resolution ground textures and more than 39,000 auto generated trees, vehicles, and 3D buildings on the entire surface.
Dynamic lighting, sun reflections, animated vehicles and windsocks as well as seasonal changes help bring the airport and its surroundings to life.
The add-on is also compatible with Orbx Global, Orbx Vector, and Orbx Open LC Europe.
- High detailed ground textures and runway – taxiway lines
- Fully depicted new apron layout, parking positions lines and markings
- High detailed 3D objects
- High detailed 3D buildings including the new terminal building completed in 2018
- More than 39.000 custom autogenous trees, vehicles and 3D buildings covering the entire imagery area
- Dynamic lights in the apron area
- Polygon/FX lighting if no dynamic lights are used
- Animated vehicles in the apron area
- SODE fully animated windsocks
- Automatic seasonal textures change for fall winter spring and summer (Orbx and Default versions)
- Pre-rendered self-shadowing (Ambient Occlusion) at 3D objects
- Fully compatible with Orbx Global, Orbx Vector, and Orbx Open LC Europe
- Mesh terrain enhancement for the Airport’s Peninsula and the whole western Crete
- Detailed Coastlines
- Snowy “White Mountains” (the 8.045ft mountain at the south of the Airport) from October to May (the snow coverage changes every month)
- Sun reflections on ground (more visible during dawn and dusk)
- High detailed night lighting including detailed 3D taxi and runway lighting with automatic activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
- High detailed 3d grass
- FLAi and default AI traffic
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4+ or V5
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit)
- CPU: Quad Core CPU with 3.5 GHz
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 2666 MHz
- Graphics card: 4 GB VRAM, DirectX 11
- Download Size: 2 GB
PBR textures have been fully implemented in the scenery:
- PBR textures and normal maps to the ground textures and lines
- PRB textures added to the Main Terminal building, apron objects and vehicles, animated objects, gas stations, apron signs, objects close to the runway and most of the other 3D objects of the scenery; some of the objects also have normal maps
- Corrections to some night textures to become more realistic after applying PBR